What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Webcam issue need help.

Webcam issue need help.
Author: Message:
afsdg

O.P. Undecided  Webcam issue need help.
So i have windows live messenger and at the start the webcam thing worked fine, but like a month ago it stopped working and ive been trying to find a way to fix this but the only thing people suggest is downgrading my msn version which hasn't worked for me... (tried pretty much every version available by now)
soo the problem is like this, when i click "show my webcam" or "start a video call" right away it gives me an message saying that the person i tried to start it with declined, i asked if they declined it or not and they all said that they never even got the invitation. and if someone tries to send me an invitation i can't see it either. help would be awesome :)
09-17-2010 11:51 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Webcam issue need help.
First of all the suggestion to downgrade your version is a bad suggestion which should never have been given. Especially if it worked before at the beginning... so it is quite logical that downgrading would not be a solution to your problem at all...

What I suggest is to remove your current downgraded version and reinstall the latest one (for your operating system). Note that in the latest version the webcam options aren't there anymore and have been replaced with the video call functions. So you need to select "start a video call" instead. When people (or you) do select one of the webcam options in an older version of Messenger, then contacts who use the latest version will indeed not see the invitation or get the "contact has declined" message right away. This is not a bug but "by design" (don't laugh, it is :p).

So, in a nutshell: start by reinstalling the latest Messenger version, and take it from there to troubleshoot and fix...

This post was edited on 09-17-2010 at 12:19 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-17-2010 12:11 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
mizzkatty

same as mine but i have the new msn and i want to be able to go on normal webcam not webcall :/ how do i do it?!
09-19-2010 01:03 PM
afsdg

O.P. RE: RE: Webcam issue need help.
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
So, in a nutshell: start by reinstalling the latest Messenger version, and take it from there to troubleshoot and fix...

thanks :) i uninstalled live, restarted comp and then reinstalled it followed by the upgrade to plus. now its working again.
09-19-2010 01:10 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by mizzkatty
same as mine but i have the new msn and i want to be able to go on normal webcam not webcall :/ how do i do it?!
Quite simply you don't, unfortunatly. The webcam feature has completely been replaced with the Video Call.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-19-2010 01:53 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: