What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Custom Sound Error

Custom Sound Error
Author: Message:
darkriderz412

O.P. Custom Sound Error
Hey,

For the past few months I have not been able to use custom sounds on messenger plus, It has been working before and when i did the update for messenger plus it failed so i did a manual download from the main page that is when it stopped working. I removed it and reinstalled it ( making sure to do a smart uninstall ), Checked my host file, checked my internet options to see if it was blocking it but its not even enabled, went threw my firewall and i still haven't been able to get it to work.

I am running Windows 7, Avast Antivirus Pro, MalwareBytes, Spybot S&D and I am using windows firewall.

I went threw the forums searching for help with no luck, i noticed this page wasn't working for me http://sounds.msgpluslive.net/ ?

Thanks.
08-14-2010 04:27 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Bobbie2836

RE: Custom Sound Error
I'm new to Plus, but love it... particularly the sounds.  A bunch of us used to use mIRC just because of the sound feature.  I was glad to run into it again.

That being said however, I'm having trouble playing some of the built-in sounds.  Yesterday I think they all played, and the ones that I added played.  Today none of mine, and some of the built-ins don't work.  Is there really something wrong with my security settings?  Or is there a program problem? 

Bobbie
09-29-2010 02:43 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: