What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Windows Live Messenger 9 Available?

Windows Live Messenger 9 Available?
Author: Message:
schnibble

O.P. Windows Live Messenger 9 Available?
Hi all,

I had Windows Live Messenger 9 installed, and then something happened forcing me to uninstall it. But when coming to install again I could not get version 9 anywhere, so I got 11 and I don't like it at all, one of the main things I like is seeing the display names etc.

Does anyone know if version 9 is still available somewhere? I really wanna get back to that version but cannot find it anywhere!
10-07-2010 08:35 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
RE: Windows Live Messenger 9 Available?
Windows Live is going to try and direct all downloads to Windows Live Messenger 2011 as the usually do:P

Live Messenger 9 still works and you can download it here:

http://www.oldapps.com/msn_messenger.php?old_msn=21

Good Luck.
10-07-2010 09:22 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
ToM_13

– / Male / –
RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger 9 Available?
quote:
Originally posted by Chrissy
Windows Live is going to try and direct all downloads to Windows Live Messenger 2011 as the usually do:P

Good Luck.

Thank you!!! I Just reformatted and i couldnt find it anywhere! I have been having a ton of issues with 2011 and i just hate it all together!

Thank god for these forums, its been a while since ive been on here, good thing i remembered about it!
[Image: plussigcopy.jpg]
10-07-2010 09:31 PM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
http://rnd.menthix.net/index.php?dir=windows_live..._-_Wave_3_-_QFE_3/ has all the different languages. Click the language you want, then download wlsetup-all.exe. This also has a newer build than oldapps.com. Both are version 2009 (which is what I assume you mean with Live Messenger 9), but the newer build means some bugs are fixed and you shouldn't be forced to upgrade right after installing it.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
10-07-2010 09:32 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Chrissy

Good Luck.
That's wrong!
And please only post official links or at least links to the latest versions.

You can perfectly install Windows Live Messenger compatible with XP by downloading it from the official source:
http://explore.live.com/windows-live-Messenger

All you need to do is read the big panel on the right and either click on "WLM for Windows XP" or "WLM for Windows 7".

WLM for XP is also available in Microsoft's Download Center:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?F...-88C8-278267802F57

---

As such, ToM_13, I suggest to uninstall the version you downloaded from the link Chrissy gave. And either install from the official source (see link above), or download one of the full packages linked by Menthix (which came directly from the official source too, and are the latest version -at this moment-  but are slithly older builds though!).

This post was edited on 10-09-2010 at 03:23 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-08-2010 11:50 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
alegator

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
I suggest to uninstall the version you downloaded from the link Chrissy gave. And either install from the official source (see link above), or download one of the full packages linked by Menthix (which came directly from the official source and are the latest version -at this moment- too).
Why is that? If you download from the official source it won't give you the option of installing older versions, it will force you to install the latest one only. If you want to install older versions then the only option is 3rd party sites like the one Chrissy suggested.
10-09-2010 01:34 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by alegator
quote:
I suggest to uninstall the version you downloaded from the link Chrissy gave. And either install from the official source (see link above), or download one of the full packages linked by Menthix (which came directly from the official source and are the latest version -at this moment- too).
Why is that? If you download from the official source it won't give you the option of installing older versions, it will force you to install the latest one only. If you want to install older versions then the only option is 3rd party sites like the one Chrissy suggested.
Nope it isn't. They are available from official sites, which also includes the selection of the language.

You can choose between the XP compatible version (WLM 14.0.8117.0427 - what the OP wrongly calls WLM9 - and the version he seeks), and Vista/7 compatible version (WLM 15.whatever - what the OP wrongly calls WLM11). See the (bold) link I posted in my previous post. Both versions* are also available from Microsoft's Download Center btw (again see previous post).

And they will continue to co-exist and be downloadable for a long time since they both target very different OSs (just as you can still download MSN Messenger 7 for Windows 98/ME/2000 from Microsoft's site).

* In fact, even an earlier version (14.0.8092.0805) is still available from Microsoft's Download Center too: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?F...-9e97-e0a437a5b770

This post was edited on 10-09-2010 at 03:17 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-09-2010 02:33 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
alegator

quote:
Nope it isn't. They are available from official sites, which also includes the selection of the language.
I mean even older versions, like 14.0.8089.726 which is the last build for XP supporting webcam only (no audio) (we discussed this in another thread). You can only get these older builds/versions from 3rd party sites. And by the way, they are malware free and work 100% properly, so no cons.
10-09-2010 07:29 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: