What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Is it possible to get a list of IP addresses that accessed your msn account?

Is it possible to get a list of IP addresses that accessed your msn account?
Author: Message:
alzatar

O.P. Is it possible to get a list of IP addresses that accessed your msn account?
Hi. I recently had someone go on my msn and change my name to something rediculous, so I know it's someone that I know that is doing it.

Is it possible to get a list of IP's that accessed my msn, are these saved anywhere in the msn folders on my hard-drive, or would I have to request this information from msn themselves? If I had the IP address I could track it back to town/city the IP is from. Which would help me narrow it down as to who it was, as i'm between cities at the moment.

Many thanks, Alzatar. x
10-17-2010 10:28 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
RE: Is it possible to get a list of IP addresses that accessed your msn account?
I suggest you change your password and secret question immediately. Also scan your computer for Viruses/Malware etc

No you cannot get this information. Windows Live only gives this to people that have the authority to get it (IE the police etc).

You can only get when your IP has accessed Windows Live. :(
10-17-2010 10:33 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
alzatar

O.P. Shocked  RE: Is it possible to get a list of IP addresses that accessed your msn account?
:o ... well thats pretty bad ... I cant get access to information that should be mine? ;/ .. hmm .. thanks for the speedy response. Ive done the things you advised already, but hell .. that kinda sucks I cant narrow it down to who it was ... ah well .. thanks once again x
10-17-2010 10:44 PM
andyo

RE: RE: Is it possible to get a list of IP addresses that accessed your msn account?
quote:
Originally posted by alzatar
:o ... well thats pretty bad ... I cant get access to information that should be mine? ;/ .. hmm .. thanks for the speedy response. Ive done the things you advised already, but hell .. that kinda sucks I cant narrow it down to who it was ... ah well .. thanks once again x
You might machinate a plan to lure that person into going to a website in which you can access that information. For instance, let him/her believe they're being clever when they hack into your gmail cause you were "stupid" enough to have the same passwords. Just a few hints that you have something worth spying on in your gmail should do it.
10-19-2010 10:27 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: