What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » WLM2011 & WLM2009

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
WLM2011 & WLM2009
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: WLM2011 & WLM2009
quote:
Originally posted by gaara20
Luckily i have windows updates disabled for years, so i wont install the shitty msn 2011.
tbh, that is a very bad decision. You should enable updates (at least enable it to inform you, not to auto-install). Updates are there for a reason though, and in most cases that reason is security!

quote:
Originally posted by gaara20
If they force me to change in some other way, i will use other clients like pidgin, heard is quite good.
You are _not_ forced to update to WLM 2011 (even not on Windows7)!

--------------

ksipos: please read some of the many posts in regards to WLM 2011, Messenger Plus!, etc. It has been repeated multiple times already in various threads, but if you want to go back to WLM 2009, then uninstall WLM 2011, reboot, and download and install WLM 2009.

You can download WLM 2009 from the official Messenger page:
http://explore.live.com/windows-live-essentials-xp

Note that nothing will be able to bring back the Display Names. This is also version independant because that is how the current underlying protocol works now.

So it doesn't matter what version you use: your contacts who use WLM 2011 (or any other client using the new protocols) will see your real name.

In fact, people who don't even use Messenger at all and who go to your Windows Live Profile (http://profile.live.com/) will see your real name (this just to show that it actually doesn't have much to do with Messenger, but all with how the online Windows Live Services work now).

And a fully WLM 2011 compatible version of Messenger Plus! will be released somewhere in December.

;)

This post was edited on 10-23-2010 at 09:29 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-23-2010 12:36 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ksipos
i lost all the sounds that i have with msn plus(and i can't waiting for a new version)
You haven't lost them - they are still there.

When Messenger Plus! Live 5 is released, you will be able to use them again. Please be patient.

quote:
i want to be able to accept messages when i m offline !
Offline messaging still works fine.

quote:
i don't want my real name but only my nickname(everybody know me with the nick)
You can change your 'real name' associated with your Windows Live account by clicking on your name in Messenger to bring the drop-down menu, then choose Edit your name.

quote:
plz ! i need help to remove it and get back the old wlm !!(of course i don't want to lose anything like smiles,friends and anything that i have now !)
You can remove WLM 2011 at any time, you're not forced to use it. Your contacts who are using WLM 2011 will see your real name however, despite which version you use. You will not lose smileys, friends or anything by upgrading.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
10-23-2010 03:52 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ksipos

ty for the asnwers... when someone send me a msg and a was offline, i waiting for 5 mins but none msg come to me :/
so i think the offline messaging dont work ...
when i m going ot edit my name to my nickname, i need 2 names (first and last name)
@chris4 ... i know that i don't lose anything by upgrading.. but is the same if i go to an oldest version ?
10-23-2010 04:52 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: