What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Contact history broken for anyone with a DOT before AT in the e-

Contact history broken for anyone with a DOT before AT in the e-
Author: Message:
D.M.N.

O.P. Contact history broken for anyone with a DOT before AT in the e-
I posted the following on the Windows help forums a week ago, however have not yet received any reply from them on the issue. I also posted it on 2 other forums (Neowin), but have not had any response.
------
The new Windows Live Messenger 2011 fails to recognise anyone's chat history if their e-mail address has a "dot" before the "at" sign. Let's take "johndoe AT hotmail DOT com" and "john DOT doe AT hotmail DOT com". The first chat history is fine, new chats appear under the old chats from previous Messenger builds and appears as a normal XML file. However, for the second e-mail address, the chat history is 'broke' and the chat history for that person is unaccessable unless you access the raw XML file. When you talk to them for the first time, a new chat history appears but, in the case of say "john DOT doe AT hotmail DOT com", the file type would not be an XML file, it would be an DOT00000 File (some random numbers replacing the zeros). You can then access the chat history, but it only shows those from Windows Live Messenger 2011 and you can't access the raw files. So, in essense:

- first example: "johndoe AT hotmail DOT com" - chat history fine
- second example: "john DOT doe AT hotmail DOT com" - chat history broken into two separate files, 1 XML file (WLM 2009 and before) and 1 DOE00000 file (WLM 2011, file name would depend on the characters after the DOT and before the AT)

Any help would be appreciated. :)
------
It's quite frustrating when no one replies despite the topic being up for a week, I would have thought this is a common problem, surely a lot of people have a dot before the at sign in e-mail addresses?

This post was edited on 10-28-2010 at 01:54 PM by D.M.N..
10-28-2010 01:53 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Contact history broken for anyone with a DOT before AT in the e-
Nothing we can do about it here. You will want to contact Microsoft regarding this.
10-28-2010 03:01 PM
D.M.N.

O.P. RE: Contact history broken for anyone with a DOT before AT in the e-
Do you have an e-mail contact address for them to do with WLM support? Can't seem to find one apart from going to their help forums.
10-28-2010 04:41 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by D.M.N.
Do you have an e-mail contact address for them to do with WLM support? Can't seem to find one apart from going to their help forums.

Posting in their forums sounds like a good place to start to be honest
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
10-28-2010 04:50 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
D.M.N.

O.P. RE: RE: Contact history broken for anyone with a DOT before AT in the e-
quote:
Originally posted by Spunky
quote:
Originally posted by D.M.N.

Posting in their forums sounds like a good place to start to be honest

I did, a week ago: http://windowslivehelp.com/thread.aspx?threadid=0...-9975-314c704631bb

But because of the amount of threads that get posted in there, it got missed and not responded.

http://windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx?forumid=44...-9b88-c214cbe3f8c1 --> you can see how many threads as thus get 'missed'
10-28-2010 05:02 PM
Nagamasa
Skinning Contest Winner

30 / Male / Flag
I think I have that problem too :P

Just use a conversation history merger every so often to stick them back together.
[Image: unled1uo.png]
Joined this forum 6563 days, 14 hours, 56 minutes, 33 seconds ago.

10-28-2010 09:43 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
D.M.N.

O.P. RE: RE: Contact history broken for anyone with a DOT before AT in the e-
quote:
Originally posted by Nagamasa
I think I have that problem too :P

Just use a conversation history merger every so often to stick them back together.

Does that work though if one of the file types is not XML? (as is the case for WLM 2011 when there's a DOT before the AT in e-mail addresses)
10-29-2010 10:16 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: