What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Windows Live Messenger won't log me in

Windows Live Messenger won't log me in
Author: Message:
Destroyer25

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. Windows Live Messenger won't log me in
I've had this problem for a while, and I finally decided I should try and resolve it.

When I try and Log In(My Email address and password are correct), I get this message saying that I can't be signed in. The error code is: 80048820.

When I troubleshoot it I get check marks for everything except Proxy server and Key Ports. Which is odd because WLM is on the exceptions list for my Firewall.

I'm running XP, and I downloaded the latest version of WLM, thinking that it would solve the problem, after restarting my computer, I discovered it did not.

Any help?

11-27-2010 04:32 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Destroyer25

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Windows Live Messenger won't log me in
No help? :(
12-02-2010 12:06 AM
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Windows Live Messenger won't log me in
Hello,

You should first try Google with the error code, these are all common issues that gave out the same error code, try their solutions.

You could also go through this forum's search, as you'll notice the issue has been reported quite a couple of times. Here are the different threads, read them and you might just find a solution to your issue. (I'd still recommend starting with the above link, likely faster).

Although if I recall correctly, I've had this issue on a client's computer, and it had to do with problematic #2; dll problem. I tried following the instructions for fixing it, but soon discovered the whole O.S. was filled with malware, a lot of DLLs seemed to be missing, and more than a couple of programs seemed to have issues working correctly. I decided it would be faster to simply re-install everything.

This post was edited on 12-02-2010 at 12:18 AM by albert.
12-02-2010 12:11 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Destroyer25

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger won't log me in
quote:
Originally posted by albert
Hello,

You should first try Google with the error code, these are all common issues that gave out the same error code, try their solutions.

You could also go through this forum's search, as you'll notice the issue has been reported quite a couple of times. Here are the different threads, read them and you might just find a solution to your issue. (I'd still recommend starting with the above link, likely faster).

Although if I recall correctly, I've had this issue on a client's computer, and it had to do with problematic #2; dll problem. I tried following the instructions for fixing it, but soon discovered the whole O.S. was filled with malware, a lot of DLLs seemed to be missing, and more than a couple of programs seemed to have issues working correctly. I decided it would be faster to simply re-install everything.

Thanks man, I've had Malware on my comp before. I had cleared it out with Malwarebytes, but I guess some permanent damage was done.

I actually did reinstall WLM, but that didn't do anything.
12-02-2010 03:36 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: