What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » I need some help with an specific skin

I need some help with an specific skin
Author: Message:
DasoWarman

O.P. I need some help with an specific skin
I'm facing a bit of trouble with this skin called Ev0. If it has versions, then I mean the one for 9.0.

Well, this is the deal. On this skin one is able to change the image projected in the background, however, doesn't matter what image I play, it appears horribly distorted. Some screenshots would help, I guess.

Let's say I'm about to pick this image (the one marked with a red X)
[Image: 2624neb.jpg]

Now whenever I pick the image the skin would enlarge it and it looks this way (Look at the upper bar where my nickname and all that stuff is located)
[Image: osr0qh.jpg]

Compare the pictures and see the differences.

So I was wondering if the image needs to have an specific size or something so it doesn't get that stretched and looks rather normal?

This post was edited on 11-02-2010 at 05:30 AM by Mnjul.
11-02-2010 01:17 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: I need some help with an specific skin
That 'background' is called a Scene. And it doesn't have much todo with skins in Mesenger Plus! Live. Scenes are part of Windows Live Messenger itself and colorize the background of the so called Me-area and/or apply an overal color-scheme.

Those Scenes are _always_ streched because the width and height of the Me-area is never constant; it is different for everybody. Even in your own Messenger, you can change the width of the contact list. The Scene must adopt to that and it does it by stretching.

Uninstall Messenger Plus! (and thus the skin) and you'll see that you would still be able to set a Scene and that its stretching behaviour is still exactly the same, because that is what it is suppose to be doing.

;)

This post was edited on 11-02-2010 at 01:32 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-02-2010 01:28 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Radeo

RE: I need some help with an specific skin
It propably happens with all skins. Even with Messenger that's not with a skin. I mean it's the size.
12-19-2010 06:46 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: