What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Messenger 14.0 Mods

Messenger 14.0 Mods
Author: Message:
londonman21

O.P. Messenger 14.0 Mods
Hello

Just want to say this forum rocks. It's helped me out in so many ways.

Ok, apologies if this question has been asked before, but I'm struggling to find a 100% answer. I am running Windows Live Messenger 14.0.8117.416. Is there anyway whereby I can do the following?

- Remove 'Personal Messages'. I read that I could use a Resource Hacker Tool to remove this? For example, Joe Bloggs - Going to America.

- When someone chats to me it uses their skin. Anyway I can force all chat windows to use the same skin as mine? I only use a solid colour. Lol!

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
12-14-2010 11:05 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger 14.0 Mods
quote:
Originally posted by londonman21
- Remove 'Personal Messages'. I read that I could use a Resource Hacker Tool to remove this? For example, Joe Bloggs - Going to America.
Many customisations can be made using a Messenger Plus! Live skin (e.g. Messenger Live Toolbox) (currently only for WLM2009) however removing personal messages on the contacts list is not an option. Not sure about doing it with reshacker.

quote:
- When someone chats to me it uses their skin. Anyway I can force all chat windows to use the same skin as mine? I only use a solid colour. Lol!
Yes, however only by using a Messenger Plus! Live skin, which again is only available for WLM 2009 currently. Many skins remove the theme, so therefore all windows will be the same. Find one you like and test to see if its removed the contact themes.

This post was edited on 12-14-2010 at 08:41 PM by Chris4.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
12-14-2010 08:36 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
londonman21

O.P. RE: Messenger 14.0 Mods
Cool, thanks for that.

I did change the colour of the PM to white, however you still get the '-'. Is this removable also?

I visited http://www.guena.eu/PlusSkins/MessengerLiveToolbox/mlt_EN.htm and downloaded the necessary files and copied it over to the Plus directory, but all it does is change the PSM text to white???
12-15-2010 04:20 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger 14.0 Mods
quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
quote:
Yes, however only by using a Messenger Plus! Live skin
Not correct...

See
CookieRevised's reply to Background picture sharing (no longer possible?)
CookieRevised's reply to messenger plus skin

-

First things first though. londonman21, what you're describing is not a 'skin', but a so called 'scene'. Messenger doesn't use skins. Skins are things from the addon Messenger Plus! which can change the whole look of Messenger, including the position of elements and stuff. Scenes are native to Messenger and change the background of the so called 'Me' area (the part where your display picture is located on the contact list and the part where your contact's display picture is in a conversation). Scenes are always shared to your contacts, but you can override the scene of your contact with your own scene.

-

You can simply override the scene used by the contact by making your own scene the default.
(PS: menu items and names might be slightly different in your local and/or for WLM 15.x).

To override your contacts' scenes:
WLM 14.x: in a chat window: Tools > Use default scene
WLM 15.x: in a chat window: Tools > Use contact's scene
Note that in WLM 2009 (14.x) this works as a toggle button, not as a checkmarked menu item. So even if it is checkmarked, click it to toggle between the default scene and your contact's scene.

Backgrounds in WLM 2009 (14.x) are not shared, but can be set either globally or per contact.
To set a background globally: in a chat Window: Tools > Backgrounds > select one > Set as default/standard > Set/Ok

;)

This post was edited on 12-18-2010 at 04:26 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-18-2010 03:37 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: