What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » strange display problem

strange display problem
Author: Message:
iso9001

O.P. strange display problem
i am having a strange problem since for some time. when somebody on my list sends me a message, it is displayed in the taskbar blinking in orange. this is OK but when i click on the message to display, it waits for 5 seconds and then it appears. this has never been before. by the way, i am using wlm 9

if the message was already in the taskbar, i mean, if the message is not new (such as an ongoing messaging) there is no problem when i click on the message to display.

i upgraded to wlm 11 but did not enjoy it, yet hated it. thus, it would be great if you can help me solve my problem.

thanks to all in advance
12-24-2010 04:34 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
RE: strange display problem
If you prefer using Windows Live Messenger 2009 instead of using 2011 you easily can.

Just uninstall 2011, and install 2009 from http://explore.live.com/windows-live-Messenger-XP

I also HATE Windows Live Messenger 2011 and have installed 2009 as well.
12-25-2010 05:36 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
iso9001

O.P. RE: strange display problem
thanx for your reply but as i mentioned in my post, the problem was causing when i was using WLM 2009. when i use WLM 2011 there is no problem but i hate the new version. thus i want to go back to 2009 however this "delay" problem really annoys me..
12-25-2010 06:07 PM
6Maverick6

33 / Male / Flag
did you have any msn addons installed like messengerplus ??
12-25-2010 10:35 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
iso9001

yeah i did have but removing msn plus did not do any good :(
12-25-2010 11:32 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
The reason for the delay could be caused by the fact that Messenger needs to 'create' window before it can be displayed for the first time. And this could take some time. But not 5 seconds though, that's a bit long.

Unfortunatly, I don't know how you could fix it. All I could suggest is to uninstall WLM 9 completely (including logs, caches, settings, etc) and reinstall it from scratch.

Do you hear (or see) your hard drive doing a lot of work after you clicked the flashing taskbar button?
Does it happen with all contacts? Or only with one or two contacts?
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-26-2010 01:01 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
iso9001

first of all, thanx for all the interest.

this windows creation were not happening at first. it started to delay later on. i did not do anything related with WLM. all of a sudden, it started to act this way.

i do not hear any hard drive process unfortunately, but i suppose even if it needs some time, it should not be a big-time job for the hard drive to open a window. and for second question, it happens for all contact (unless the message bar was already there)
12-26-2010 06:41 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Do you happen to have certain addons installed for Windows Live Messenger? Like SmileyCentral and those kinds of things? If so, try to uninstall them.

How big are your chat logs of Windows Live Messenger?

What you could try too is to defragment your hard disk. Although in theory a fragmented hard disk can cause such delays in loading time, it shouldn't be that big though. But you never know.

This post was edited on 12-27-2010 at 01:55 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-27-2010 01:55 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
iso9001

other than msn PLUS, i did not have any addons, and i uninstalled msn PLUS already but still no luck.

i do not keep chat logs..

instead of defragment, i wanna try to delete WLM *completely* from my system but i do not know where these config files and etc are kept. can you please assist me?
12-27-2010 07:03 AM
iso9001

uninstalling and removing *everything* related with msn solved my problem.. no longer WLM 11, no longer delays :)

thanx everybody for the support
12-27-2010 09:00 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: