What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Use MSN "disconnected" from Windows Live Spaces

Use MSN "disconnected" from Windows Live Spaces
Author: Message:
amigaopira

O.P. Use MSN "disconnected" from Windows Live Spaces
Hello !

Windows Live Spaces has SEEEEEEERIOUS issues regarded to privacy. I dont like it at all.

Has someone else found a way to "disconnect" MSN from WLS like the way it was before ?

Or, has someone else found another MESSENGER product, that is compatible or has most features from Windows Plus! Live , such as block messenger and, that is disconnected from Windows Live Spaces ?

Thanks !
12-26-2010 07:06 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
RE: Use MSN "disconnected" from Windows Live Spaces
Windows Live Spaces is no more: all existing spaces are being transfered to Wordpress or deleted, author's choice. After January no Spaces will be updated, and after March 2011 all of them will be permanently deleted.
So there's no need to disconnect it. All other services [like Wordpress, Facebook, last.fm etc] can be disconnected via http://profile.live.com/Services/
[Image: Empty.png]
12-26-2010 11:15 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
And even so, if you mean you don't want to be seen as 'signed in' in Messenger when you go to your Spaces page, then click your name in the right upper corner and choose 'sign out'. It should retain this setting the next time.

If you mean you want to disconnect your Spaces page from your Windows Live Messenger 'account', then that is impossible. Your Spaces _is_ your Windows Live account (the blogging part so to speak). If you don't want the two to be connected, then make another Windows Live Account.

Also, I suggest you take a look at your privacy settings on both your Windows Live Account and on the Spaces page. As such, there is no privacy issue at all. What people see is what you have enabled to be seen, and everything can be disabled (even to the point that your entire Spaces is completely hidden).

It would only be a privacy issue if you hadn't control in what people see. But since you can control everything what is seen there, there is no privacy issue here.

This post was edited on 12-27-2010 at 03:48 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-27-2010 03:47 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
amigaopira

O.P. RE: Use MSN "disconnected" from Windows Live Spaces
What I mean is that I want to run MSN alone, without *ANY* relation whatsoever with Windows Live Spaces.

I don't want to run the risk of having my contacts to be seen by someone else.

The privacy settings I already know. However, Windows Live Spaces PUBLISHES my photos on the pages to everybondy. Also my personal messages. This CAN NOT be set.

So, miss the old days when MSN was only MSN.

Maybe there could be another product that doesnt have this association, or is it server-side this association ?

Thanks !
12-27-2010 09:36 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by amigaopira
What I mean is that I want to run MSN alone, without *ANY* relation whatsoever with Windows Live Spaces.

I don't want to run the risk of having my contacts to be seen by someone else.
Then you must set your privacy settings correctly for your friend list, etc.

quote:
The privacy settings I already know. However, Windows Live Spaces PUBLISHES my photos on the pages to everybondy. Also my personal messages. This CAN NOT be set.
Sure it can be set.

Go to your Windows Live Profile and go to your privacy settings and check out _all_ the settings, including the more 'advanced' ones.

The same goes for your Spaces settings.
And as said, you can even make your Spaces completely private too.

As for photos, those are stored in your 'SkyDrive', again linked to your Windows Live Account. And here too you have the ability to set permissions to photos and even complete albums if you whish....

[Image: attachment.php?pid=1004877]

quote:
So, miss the old days when MSN was only MSN.

Maybe there could be another product that doesnt have this association, or is it server-side this association ?

Thanks !
Even in the old days, your Spaces page was connected to your Windows Live Profile (though it was then called .NET Passport). In that regards nothing has changed! In fact, except for your real name, you have now far more control in what people will see or not.

Everything with 'Windows Live' in its name is connected to eachother in one way or the other.
Hence it is called a Windows Live Account which drives everything. And you use that account to connect to and control Messenger, SkyDrive, Hotmail, Spaces, and any other existing Windows Live Service...

.png File Attachment: privacy&spaces.png (153.06 KB)
This file has been downloaded 524 time(s).

This post was edited on 12-27-2010 at 12:52 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-27-2010 12:29 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: