What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Messenger Plus! no longer working

Messenger Plus! no longer working
Author: Message:

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Messenger Plus! no longer working
Hello,

I've had some problems today with my Windows Live Messenger (version 14.0.8089.726) and I was forced to update the software to the latest version (which obviously I don't want to do, because I don't like WLM2011). I've found a tool called Messenger Link Reviver which disable the update window but after I've installed it Messenger Plus! no longer works even if I re-install it. What can I do?
01-21-2011 11:56 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus! no longer working
You can try unninstalling Windows Live Essentials, and installing the latest "wave 3" version.

Windows Live Messenger 2009 still runs perfectly fine in Windows XP, Vista and 7 without any compatibility settings, the forced update is from a Messenger 2009 version to a newer Messenger 2009. See Mnjul's reply to Looks like Microsoft has now forced upgrade for WLM 2009

You can download the newer Messenger 2009 version from here, if you prefer: click
[Image: Empty.png]
01-21-2011 11:59 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Messenger Plus! no longer working
quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
You can try unninstalling Windows Live Essentials, and installing the latest "wave 3" version.

Windows Live Messenger 2009 still runs perfectly fine in Windows XP, Vista and 7 without any compatibility settings, the forced update is from a Messenger 2009 version to a newer Messenger 2009. See Mnjul's reply to Looks like Microsoft has now forced upgrade for WLM 2009

You can download the newer Messenger 2009 version from here, if you prefer: click
Hi,

I don't have Windows Live Essential, just the standard installer (it's the version 8.5, so pre-2009) and I've found the way to disable the forced update, so no need to use Messenger 2009, I just need to know how can I re-enable Plus.
01-22-2011 02:09 AM
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
Oh, if you trick Messenger into not updating, Plus! will also be tricked. If you want to re-enable Plus! you will need to
quote:

This post was edited on 01-22-2011 at 02:15 AM by blessedguy.
01-22-2011 02:14 AM

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Messenger Plus! no longer working
quote:
Oh, if you trick Messenger into not updating, Plus! will also be tricked. If you want to re-enable Plus! you will need to
quote:

So I must use WLM 2009? Is it still possible to log in with WLM 2008 (as it's the one I currently have installed and it doesn't have Windows Live Essentials) with Plus?
01-22-2011 02:28 AM
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by 291103
So I must use WLM 2009? Is it still possible to log in with WLM 2008 (as it's the one I currently have installed and it doesn't have Windows Live Essentials) with Plus?
Plus will not work with Messenger 8.5 in Windows XP or above, you should use Messenger 2009 instead. (If you trick 8.5 into not force upgrading to 2009, Plus! will "think" it has to hook on Messenger 2009, and thus not working in Messenger 8.5)
01-22-2011 04:00 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: