What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Messenger not installing

Messenger not installing
Author: Message:
CriTicaL_StaR

34 / Female / Flag
O.P. Huh?  Messenger not installing
I recently uninstalled Windows plus live 2009 and I couldn't reinstall it. Every time I try to install it with setup it tells me I already have messenger when I don't. I made sure I went to add/remove to uninstall it. I deleted everything msn related. I even used some zap messenger thing that doesn't do a thing.

I really don't want to have to reformat my computer just to get it working again. Is there any way to fix this? I have windows xp so I can't get the new windows live :( I can't find anything even when I search my hard drive...
01-30-2011 02:18 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
mynetx
Skinning Contest Winner

Microsoft insider

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger not installing
Hello,

Please try installing the “Windows Install Clean Up” utility that you can find at http://wle.mx/D23. After installing, launch it from the Start menu. Hold down Ctrl while clicking any entries starting with “(All Users) Windows Live...” or “Windows Live”. After all are selected, press the Remove button. Now wait (!), then after all entries are gone, exit the tool. Finally retry to install Windows Live from http://explore.live.com/windows-live-essentials-xp.

Does this work for you?
mynetx - Microsoft, enhanced.

You have a problem or issue with Windows, Internet
Explorer or Office?
Send a tweet!
01-30-2011 11:58 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CriTicaL_StaR

34 / Female / Flag
O.P. RE: Messenger not installing
Yes this worked. Thank you so much! I wonder why I was able to find and delete it using this program and not through search or add/remove. I installed my messenger plus live again but still can't get my emotion sounds to work. Do it not work for xp version no more?
01-30-2011 12:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
mynetx
Skinning Contest Winner

Microsoft insider

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger not installing
It should work on XP too. But it may well be that the emotion sound servers are currently undergoing maintenance due to the imminent launch of Messenger Plus! 5... So, please stay tuned.
mynetx - Microsoft, enhanced.

You have a problem or issue with Windows, Internet
Explorer or Office?
Send a tweet!
01-30-2011 01:03 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: