What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » WTF's with msn these days?

WTF's with msn these days?
Author: Message:
marlow

O.P. WTF's with msn these days?
All this new stuff going on in hotmail is doing my head in. They started showing everyone's statuses in the actual email section didnt they. So like when you sign into your email and not actual windows live messenger, you will be appearing on line in messenger. U can appear off line in hotmail just as you can in messenger so that's all good. BUT, I'm getting the weirdest thing happen. When someone blocks me I am still seeing their status updates in my hotmail. Now is it cos they have just deleted me and not blocked? I don't think so, I am almost 100% sure I'm blocked cos if you're only deleted then you still see them on line right? They just don't see YOU on THEIR contacts list??? It's so confusing wtf ahve they done???????
01-20-2011 06:55 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
marlow

O.P. RE: WTF's with msn these days?
So nobody can tell me why I can still see picture and status changes in my hotmail of people who either have me blocked or I have them blocked???
01-30-2011 04:13 PM
Oxy
Veteran Member

30 / Male / Flag
RE: WTF's with msn these days?
Blocking isnt quite the same as previous version of messenger.

Microsoft (for some completely bizarre reason) have changed the 'blocking' to 'appearing offline to'. Basically works the same. However, when you appear offline to everyone, then appear online to everyone, you also appear online to those contacts who you have previously blocked.

if you want my advice, you dont want to see their updates, then remove them as a friend.

This post was edited on 01-30-2011 at 04:19 PM by Oxy.
[Image: dotlukas.gif]
01-30-2011 04:19 PM
marlow

O.P. RE: WTF's with msn these days?
But what about the other way around? If they don't delete me but I have blocked them or even if they've blocked me, they still see my updates. Huge invasion of privacy if you ask me!
01-30-2011 10:48 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: