What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » [split] Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website

[split] Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website
quote:
Originally posted by Spunky
Then you also have new users that will be put off by it
you might have a point with the that though. But I don't agree with the rest and also not with:
quote:
(how many dodgy websites have we seen that looked similar in style/layout.
There is still a big difference between those dodgy sites and the current one, both in layout as in the used graphics.
(Im not saying the current one is already perfect though; it could still be improved quite a lot)

[GOING OFF TOPIC]

and with:
quote:
to be honest, the whole myPlus! thing sounds a bit fishy too. If I found that on any other WLM add-on related site, I'd steer clear of it.
"Just give us your e-mail and a password (most likely the same as you use for your e-mail) so we can keep a copy of your chat logs on our server"
Oh come on! Wouldn't it be possible that is that "Yuna=Evil" thing talking instead of common sense? I suppose you find the Windows Live Id, Yahoo acount (My Yahoo), Google account,  Facebook sign up, twitter account, etc etc all fishy too then?....

Years ago people had no problem in suggesting a special Plus!-account to store their logs in. That suggestion (and the additional suggestion to store logs on an FTP account you choose) was supported by quite some people. The only difference now is that Plus! isn't owned by Patchou anymore. And also bare in mind that when people suggested such an online storage, the Plus! servers were all owned by the same people who owned C2Media (or whatever it was) and nobody said anything about that (in regards to trust). Quite strange I'd say.... And thus the only conclussion I can come up with is that unconscious thing, fueled by our own resident conspiracy theorists, of "Yuna=Evil"...

[/GOING OFF TOPIC]

This post was edited on 02-09-2011 at 08:24 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-09-2011 08:17 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Yuna: Poor front-end development on Messenger Plus! 5 Website
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Oh come on! Wouldn't it be possible that is that "Yuna=Evil" thing talking instead of common sense? I suppose you find the Windows Live Id, Yahoo acount (My Yahoo), Google account,  Facebook sign up, twitter account, etc etc all fishy too then?....

No, because they're not 3rd party. I'm not saying that is what is happening, but look at it as someone that has never used Plus! before. I wouldn't touch unless I had some really good recommendations

EDIT: I don't think Yuna is evil, she helps Tidus doesn't she? :p

This post was edited on 02-09-2011 at 08:24 PM by Spunky.
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
02-09-2011 08:23 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:
No, because they're not 3rd party. I'm not saying that is what is happening, but look at it as someone that has never used Plus! before. I wouldn't touch unless I had some really good recommendations
errrr... Yuna isn't 3rd party either...
Yuna = company who makes Plus!.... just as MS is company who makes WLM, etc, etc.

If you wanna talk 3rd party, than the previous servers were owned by a 3rd party (namely that sponsor), since Plus! was owned by Patchou. Now the owners of Plus! and the servers are actually the same. So, in that perspective, it should even be trusted more than before, if you know what I mean...

+ MyPlus! account is simply your forum account. It just has a different/special name than "forum account" to make it more 'Plus!-like'.
It isn't very clear atm I suppose (with the site not being ready and all), but it will become clear eventually I hope
+ nothing is forced upon you. If you don't wanna use the Plus!-servers to store your logs, then you don't have to use it.

quote:
EDIT: I don't think Yuna is evil, she helps Tidus doesn't she? :p
:D

-------

PS: I'm going to ask for a split if you don't mind... So that this thread can be kept on topic about the crappy website coding...

This post was edited on 02-09-2011 at 08:35 PM by CookieRevised.
02-09-2011 08:27 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
quote:

I can't explain properly what I mean, but those services are well known and are the main service. MP! is an add-on for a service made by another company ~= 3rd party.

The others are REALLY well known and established brands though, whereas I have to explain to people IRL what the hell it is and what I do all day (lurking here)

EDIT:

quote:
If you don't wanna use the Plus!-servers to store your logs, then you don't have to use it

I already have it all set up. Just to show you I'm not Yuna bashing or just being negative. I'm just talking about how some people may perceive it (granted, most likely a minority of people)

I tried to sign in as soon as I found the link to the site, but was SOOO angry when somebody had already stolen my name! But then I found out it was me anyway so it kinda goes like:

First I was like: :o
But then I was like: :'(
Now I'm all :D

This post was edited on 02-09-2011 at 08:40 PM by Spunky.
02-09-2011 08:35 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:

I can't explain properly what I mean, but those services are well known and are the main service. MP! is an add-on for a service made by another company ~= 3rd party.

The others are REALLY well known and established brands though, whereas I have to explain to people IRL what the hell it is and what I do all day (lurking here)
Ah, I see what you mean now... well, they had to start from somewhere too you know. They weren't well known from the start either. I guess what I mean is: give them (Yuna) some slack ;)

on a sidenote and to come back to what I said before: it is still a bit weird though. C2Media was/is also 'well known' for their... errrm... not-so-decent stuff they did. Yet nobody (except one or two, and some anti-malware sites) said anything about Plus! and the site being hosted on their servers and the userbase of Plus! kept on growing.

Anyways, there will be lots of opportunities to shout and bash Yuna when they do screw up (and I'll be joining you with the shouting in that case for sure), but until that time I have no reason to mistrust them, nor should any (new) user imho.

quote:
quote:
If you don't wanna use the Plus!-servers to store your logs, then you don't have to use it
I already have it all set up. Just to show you I'm not Yuna bashing or just being negative. I'm just talking about how some people may perceive it (granted, most likely a minority of people)
Then that is something we disagree on I think. Only time will tell I suppose....

quote:
I tried to sign in as soon as I found the link to the site, but was SOOO angry when somebody had already stolen my name! But then I found out it was me anyway so it kinda goes like:

First I was like: :o
But then I was like: :'(
Now I'm all :D
Aren't you glad now that they 'stole' the database instead of starting from scratch or waiting to get an approval or whatever? :D
Now, nobody can come and pick our names away... \o/
[/sarcastic undertone]

This post was edited on 02-09-2011 at 08:52 PM by CookieRevised.
02-09-2011 08:36 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
There will be lots of oppertunities to shout and bach them when they do screw up

I found this especially:

[Image: screwuptorange.jpg]

Dammit Cooks! Post, Edit, Post, Edit... My browser can't take it

This post was edited on 02-09-2011 at 08:45 PM by Spunky.
02-09-2011 08:43 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: