What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Messenger Disconnect.

Messenger Disconnect.
Author: Message:
mohamedx5

31 / Male / Flag
O.P. Undecided  Messenger Disconnect.
Hello , I'm Mohamed
well at first i would like to thank Messenger Plus Team for Giving us This Service For free
and i want you all to excuse me if i did mistake in my English language..

i'm using Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3502.922) + Messenger Plus 5 + A Patch

Well the problem is Messenger Get Freezed and i receive a message have 3 Options : Search for Solution , Restart Windows Live Messenger , Debug Messenger.

I Press 'More details' and this Report appears :

code:
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    msnmsgr.exe
  Application Version:    15.4.3502.922
  Application Timestamp:    4c9b0282
  Fault Module Name:    MsgPlusLive.dll
  Fault Module Version:    5.0.0.702
  Fault Module Timestamp:    4d5184be
  Exception Code:    c0000005
  Exception Offset:    00332de7
  OS Version:    6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    0a9e
  Additional Information 2:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:    0a9e
  Additional Information 4:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

I Tried To Reinstall and Repair Messenger plus but FAIL.
I Tried to remove a Patch but Still FAIL.

Messenger was working great before i install Messenger Plus 5
so it seems to be a Bug !

also i used to see this error when Windows media player switch song while Show What I'm listening to is enabled , but not always like 10% of the time..

also when my net disconnect while online chat logs are enabled it shows a message says chat logs will be lost do you want to recover files' or something like that

i think it should save the files in the temp automatically then continue uploading it later without asking...
and also when my net disconnect Messenger plus online chat logs shows notification says Server is down or something like that. i think i already know that cause my net is down ?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!

Yeah and something else , i think the icons for messenger plus 5 are too much , i cant even see my name cause the icons take all the menu in the contact list !
And in Chat Window i think Plus Games , and Plus Translator and scripts should be all in one button 'cause really it take all the list. i can't even see the nudge button between all this buttons !

Well , Thanks again Messenger Plus Team for Giving us This Free Service..
I wish you reply me as fast as you can,
With all My Respect..

This post was edited on 02-12-2011 at 01:26 AM by mohamedx5.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
Z Y X W V U T S R Q P O N M L K J I H G F E D C B A
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z                   ';..;'  LiFe Is MuSic, PlaY It loUdEr..
02-12-2011 01:06 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Disconnect.
Hi,

I'm only going to reply to the stuff I can reply to:
quote:
Originally posted by mohamedx5
also when my net disconnect while online chat logs are enabled it shows a message says chat logs will be lost do you want to recover files' or something like that

i think it should save the files in the temp automatically then continue uploading it later without asking...
That might be a goog option for you, but for other people it might not. Other people might wanna know what is going on.

I guess what I mean is that it would maybe be a good additional suggestion, but imho it shouldn't replace the current method though.

quote:
and also when my net disconnect Messenger plus online chat logs shows notification says Server is down or something like that. i think i already know that cause my net is down ?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!
In your case you indeed knew your connection got lost. But there might be many other cases where people do not know their internet connection got lost. It can also happen that your internet connection isn't lost, but that just the connection to the Plus!-servers was lost.

quote:
Yeah and something else , i think the icons for messenger plus 5 are too much , i cant even see my name cause the icons take all the menu in the contact list !
And in Chat Window i think Plus Games , and Plus Translator and scripts should be all in one button 'cause really it take all the list. i can't even see the nudge button between all this buttons !
You have a point about the many promotional icons. But in case you didn't know already: you could disable all those promotional icons by disabling that option in:
Plus! > Preferences & Options > Appearance > Messenger > "Show me promotions associated with Messenger Plus!"

------

As for the other stuff in your post (the crash error report, etc), I can't reply to that. But I do hope the developpers see your post and will look into it....

This post was edited on 02-12-2011 at 04:03 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-12-2011 04:01 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Arcticwolfx

Identity Unknown

112 / Female / Flag
I think something you may want to try is delete Messenger Plus! and Windows Live Messenger completely, download each of these programs again and install Windows Live Messenger, followed by Messenger Plus!
02-12-2011 04:10 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
mohamedx5

31 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Messenger Disconnect.
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Hi,

I'm only going to reply to the stuff I can reply to

Thanks CookieRevised Your Answer was really helpful.
but actually when connection lost it don't say connection lost with server it says server is under construction or not exactly its something like that,
so i think it would be better if its replaced with connection lost with server =) ,

and for Online logs recover files error i think there be some option to ignore it automatically .

quote:
Originally posted by Arcticwolfx
I think something you may want to try is delete Messenger Plus! and Windows Live Messenger completely, download each of these programs again and install Windows Live Messenger, followed by Messenger Plus!

Thank you Arcticwolfx for your Great idea ,
but the bad news is that i tried that already and FAIL !.
Maybe if you have another idea I'm Full of ears , so please tell me ! =)

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
I do hope the developpers see your post and will look into it....

Yes CookieRevised i REALLY hope that too because its really annoying crashs , my messenger restarts like every 2 mins during chating , and i can't stay like that forever , i think ill uninstall msg plus five after 2 days if i havn't find a way to solve this problem.

This post was edited on 02-12-2011 at 02:48 PM by mohamedx5.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z                   ';..;'  LiFe Is MuSic, PlaY It loUdEr..
02-12-2011 02:46 PM
foaly

38 / Male / Flag
have you tried disabling the online chatlogs?
[signature.jpg]
02-12-2011 03:27 PM
mohamedx5

31 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Messenger Disconnect.
quote:
Originally posted by foaly
have you tried disabling the online chatlogs?

Yes i felt like the problem is coming from the online chat logs , so i disabled it but FAIL i got crash again...
then i turned it on again

If you have another idea please tell me =) , Thanks =)

EDIT :

Thanks foaly , it seems like i didn't test it well , i disabled the online chat logs again 6 Hrs ago and i didn't receive any kind of crash from that time .

i believe the first time i disabled it i got crash after i disable it like 2/3 secs . so i enabled it and though its not the solution ,
but now i disabled it again and its solved...

Thanks again foaly and thanks for all Messenger Plus team and everyone tried to help.. !

But the problem still remain for the people who have chat logs enabled , and also i can't use online chat logs anymore...

so i think the developers should take a look around it
Anyway Thanks again...

This post was edited on 02-12-2011 at 10:33 PM by mohamedx5.
02-12-2011 03:32 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: