What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » Please keep the old forums!

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Please keep the old forums!
Author: Message:
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
O.P. Please keep the old forums!
Haven't really seen a thread on this it has been discussed else-ware but not really here, and this is what this section is for.

I know Yuna can do what they want without listening to us but, my suggestion is: keep the old forums, they are fine.

Anyone else agree and want to show support?

Thanks. (Y)
02-18-2011 02:35 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
RE: Please keep the old forums!
I'm with Chrissy.

[CookieSizedPost]
Even though it may mean that coding the new forum was a waste of time, and that they'd need to talk with WDZ [it's not a simple MyBB installation, WDZ really made this his own].

But moving to a new forum with less features, possibly a worse design, and shoutboxless, even with the integration with the new system, doesn't seem worth it. You can edit this one, or make the new one at least look and have the same features as this.

Well, the new Plus! version failed to impress people [some even got the wrong impression], the new scripts/skins databases still can't be updated since launch, the new website is [usable but] ugly, and the load of "completely/100%/absolutely FREE/FREEWARE" and "Join MILLIONS of happy users!" doesn't help making a good impression either. Links to the old databases get an error page, and could there be some more 2000ish graphics? I almost feel like I'm using IE6 again, the current one looks more like IE5. MyPlus! has been crashing people's Messengers, and it still doesn't seem to have a proper/valid certificate. [A few days ago, it was in the name of msgplus5.com. Now it is in the name of services.msgplus.net, but that doesn't seem to exist]. The website still has that "Forum History" page that was supposed to be a placeholder, and why in the world does it have that many changelog links if it's a single page?

The database pages are a complete disaster, not even Excel would be able to have so many tables in shuch a small space. Why in the world do users need to see download stats for 3 different time periods? And ffs what is that "Compatibility" box in skin descriptions? "Name: Live Messenger, Build: 5.00, Description: Windows Live Messenger 2011". Also, why are UpdateId and BuildNumber displayed? And they're missing the last character, by the way. All creators are still the great "Unknown User", and could the "Download" text in the download button get a little bigger when hovered? We need more elements changing with mouse overs. Those neverending menus aren't enough. And those pictures that get overlaid by a "Plus!" image.

Plus's options panel got a redesign. Ok. But, for example, if I click on "Languages", the only thing I'll see is an unecessary extra page, I'll have to select it at that ugly treeview menu anyway. Not to mention those new icons. And their hover effects. They could also be animated, that'd be so good! And the still in use old buddies. Messenger 8.5 was the last to use them. And you changed other icons [to worse, but still], why couldn't those be changed too?

[That's not at Yuna but still]
For the Portuguese translation team: why can't your translation use "international" Portuguese? You use words that are used in Portugal only, and you still use the old ortography, the new one is out there, waiting to be used! And it's pretty good. Portuguese used to be the only language with two official ortographies, and it isn't anymore. Users from this side of the Atalntic will be really glad when you finally decide to make a translation for everyone, not just Portugal. That, by the way, isn't even the majority.
[/That's not at Yuna but still]

Getting a new forum with less features [well, it seems we won't even be able to use avatar URLs, goodbye avatars like Thor's. And would be nice to note the shoutbox is the one part of the forum that doesn't look desert] isn't the best thing that could happen right now.

I could go on and on, the list of reasons for [me] to hate Yuna are out there. And I still don't, and I'm still giving you more and more chances. My bet is that there are loads of users in the same boat. Now, not everyone could put up with this, and they're leaving for good. From this community, even.
[/CookieSizedPost]

Hmm... Could have worded better indeed.

This post was edited on 02-18-2011 at 07:28 PM by blessedguy.
[Image: Empty.png]
02-18-2011 03:41 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
coolzee

35 / Male / Flag
I agree with above posts! :)

I don't see any benefits recruiting the Yuna members. :P When Patchou was only boss, everything was great. Then he hire Yuna, now its ... :P

Hopefully Yuna can fix it soon and prove us wrong. :)

02-18-2011 04:13 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by coolzee
I don't see any benefits recruiting the Yuna members. :P When Patchou was only boss, everything was great. Then he hire Yuna, now its ... :P
Cryil didn't hire Yuna... Cryil created the company entitled Yuna Software and transferred the rights of the software from Patchou to Yuna Software. This was done because the name/company (Patchou) created by Cyril couldn't be sold as it encompasses too much. A company based out of Israel purchased Yuna Software and as such purchased Messenger Plus!. Yuna Software has never changed only the ownership of the company has changed. Nathalie doesn't necessarily work for Yuna Software she is more of a liaison between the community and the parent company which now owns Yuna Software and Messenger Plus!.

As for Kimahri Software, this is simply a division of Yuna Software which does the development.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=1009818]
Updated to add a better representation of the hierarchy

.jpg File Attachment: organizational chart.jpg (27.38 KB)
This file has been downloaded 359 time(s).

This post was edited on 02-18-2011 at 09:29 PM by matty.
02-18-2011 04:19 PM
coolzee

35 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Please keep the old forums!
quote:
Originally posted by matty
quote:
Originally posted by coolzee
Cryil didn't hire Yuna... Cryil created the company entitled Yuna Software and transferred the rights of the software from Patchou to Yuna Software. This was done because the name/company (Patchou) created by Cyril couldn't be sold as it encompasses too much. A company based out of Israel purchased Yuna Software and as such purchased Messenger Plus!. Yuna Software has never changed only the ownership of the company has changed. Nathalie doesn't necessarily work for Yuna Software she is more of a liaison between the community and the parent company which now owns Yuna Software and Messenger Plus!.

As for Kimahri Software, this is simply a division of Yuna Software which does the development.

oh i see, thanks for clearing things up. :)
02-18-2011 04:27 PM
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
i agree with everything said above :p

This post was edited on 02-18-2011 at 07:17 PM by Chrono.
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
02-18-2011 07:17 PM
nimicitor

Why is Nathalie so high up?
02-18-2011 08:47 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by nimicitor
Probably meant to indicate Nathalie is working for the parent company. But I don't think Nathalie personally has more power than Patchou or Jieff :p.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
02-18-2011 09:01 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
Yeah that is exactly it. Stupid power point!
02-18-2011 09:24 PM
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Menthix
quote:
Originally posted by nimicitor
Probably meant to indicate Nathalie is working for the parent company. But I don't think Nathalie personally has more power than Patchou or Jieff :p.
well that's an organizational chart for you. Like with a director's secretary, she appears above everyone else too but that doesnt mean she is in charge :P
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
02-18-2011 09:26 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: