What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Facebook Chat Feature Keeps Breaking

Facebook Chat Feature Keeps Breaking
Author: Message:
peter06

34 / Male / –
O.P. Facebook Chat Feature Keeps Breaking
I recently upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Edition and decided to try the new Windows Live Messenger to see if it was as bad as many had claimed. Feedback sounded bad but I knew a few people who liked it.

While its quite different, and I hate the layout and removal of features such as changing your name, I do really like the Facebook chat feature. I run an online radio station and sometimes have people trying to send stuff via Facebook and it's nice to have everything going to one place.

However lately every so often the feature stops working. I'll have Facebook running on Chrome and someone will start sending me messages, Windows Live Messenger will pick these messages up, but any reply I send wont be seen by them thus meaning I have to reply on Facebook.

To fix this I'm having to close and open Windows Live Messenger, but if I've got a lot of conversations going on with other WLM users it can be a pain.

Has anyone else experienced it? I'm not sure if it's Facebook, WLM or what.

Thanks.
03-01-2011 02:52 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Arcticwolfx

Identity Unknown

112 / Female / Flag
RE: Facebook Chat Feature Keeps Breaking
Hi Peter,

Have you tried disabling the facebook chat on the website while you're logged into Windows Live Messenger? Please let us know whether this fixes the issue for you.

The "compact view" mode in Windows Live Messenger should set the layout similar to how it was in Windows Live Messenger 2009.

The nickname feature has indeed been removed, at the moment it's only possible to change your name by actually changing your name in your Windows Live Profile.

03-01-2011 11:07 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: