What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat »

Pages: (5): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
Author: Message:
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
O.P.
Hello,

my days with Messenger Plus! are now officially over. The Messenger Plus! Story article on my blog has been updated to close this chapter of my professional life.

Nothing lasts for ever, I’m glad I was there to witness Messenger Plus! reach so many people at its peak. The future of the software is now completely out of my control, I wish the new owners good luck with everything. My little Amélie is growing up, she’s two month old now and she needs all the time I can give her. For that reason, I’ll only be concentrating on small-scale projects this year (like Eorzea’s Guide). As usual, I have a lot of ideas for new projects/software and I hope I’ll have an opportunity to share some of them with you. Even if our meetings won’t be called “Messenger Plus! Meetings” anymore, there’s no reason why we couldn’t organize something like that this year, to share our memories and have some good old geek fun :-).

Whatever happens, don’t hesitate to contact me again via email or one of the many usual social networks. A good friend of mine from the community recently told me "don’t be a stranger" :  I certainly have no intention to be one, all the opposite :-).

Patchou

[Image: Amelie-300x207.jpg]
[Image: signature2.gif]
03-04-2011 09:59 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Apatik

\o/

– / Male / Flag
(U)

Live long!
[Image: rdmazu.php]
03-04-2011 10:11 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Arcticwolfx

Identity Unknown

112 / Female / Flag
Thank you for bringing Messenger Plus! into the world!

Perhaps see you around in Eorzea soon. :)

I'm happy to see you making your little girl your main focus, little girls need their daddy's...

Best of luck to you and your family, hopefully we'll hear from you every now and then, would like to see Amélie growing up as well.

(f)

This post was edited on 03-04-2011 at 10:14 PM by Arcticwolfx.
03-04-2011 10:14 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
(like Eorzea’s Guide).
(U).

Here I thought we'd be Kingdom Hearts forever :cry:.
03-04-2011 10:25 PM
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
From what i read, it seems like YUNA gave Patchou the boot or Patchou realized YUNAs plans were going to destroy everything so he bailed out as soon as he could!

Thank you patchou for your years of work on what was a truly great messenger add-on. :) Many great memories on here.
03-04-2011 10:45 PM
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
Hey Patchou,

it's really sad that you're leaving. We all know Messenger Plus! was pretty much like a daughter for you, and i know that it must be really hard to let it go. i've already told you that, for whatever you need, you can count on me with your new projects.

You've done a great work with Plus! in the past 10 years, and you managed to create a whole community that has constantly supported you during all this time. There've been good and bad times, but im pretty sure we will all have good memories of the years we've spent here. Don't forget about us :).

Good luck with whatever you decide to do in the next chapter of your life ;).

Chrono.

This post was edited on 03-06-2011 at 09:57 PM by Chrono.
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
03-04-2011 10:53 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Oxy
Veteran Member

30 / Male / Flag
Patchou's philosophies about the plus development was what made the community so strong and close knit - you always kept the community updated, and treated many of them as friends rather than consumers for an advertisement supplement.

Thank you for your many years of plus development, and managing plus under its wing for its most successful years and most thriving community. You have made an impact on many peoples lives. :)
[Image: dotlukas.gif]
03-04-2011 11:20 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
You know it saddens me to see you leave Messenger Plus!, I told you that already. Good thing it won't be a goodbye, we'll still be friends, talk, laugh and we will see eachother again...so no goodbyes from me but a cya! ;)

This post was edited on 03-04-2011 at 11:30 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
03-04-2011 11:25 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
wow!... I didn't expect to read this, Patchy :( Well... anything I can say is good luck and if you need anything, you just ask.

hugs!
Messenger Plus! en español:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
03-05-2011 12:06 AM
Adeptus

Thanks for the good times.  I was never a Plus! power user, mainly having it for just a few features (logging that worked, /me, contact list cleanup would be the main ones), but those features were indispensable and Plus! served me well for many years.  I finally gave up on the Microsoft client (and thus Plus!) back in December, but that was Microsoft's fault, not yours.

Two things you were successful at and I admire is how you built a great, active community around the product and how you found a way to earn a living working on it, while recognizing that a large part of your audience wouldn't be able to pay (whether because of lack of funds or lack of banking service availability).  If I ever have a similarly targeted product, I would consider learning from your approach.

I didn't have the pleasure to meet you in person, but from what I've heard of those meetings, good times were had by all.  :)  Perhaps that can still be arranged some day.

Best of luck with your future endeavors!
03-05-2011 12:25 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (5): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: