What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat »

Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 » Last »
Author: Message:
Dempsey
Scripting Contest Winner

http://AdamDempsey.net

37 / Male / Flag
I think you should be so proud of the community you helped create here which has started so many friendships which I'm sure will last a lifetime.

Plus! is what got me into programming when I signed up here so I could make what went onto become Screenshot Sender.

Then I learnt PHP creating a website to collect SoundPacks, which went onto become MPSounds.net, so I honestly do feel that I personally owe you a lot Cyril, so sincere thanks.

Best of luck with all future projects, I'm sure we'll be hearing about some of them soon.

Have fun being a Daddy :-)
SoundPacks   -   Scripts   -   Skins

that's not a bug, thats an unexpected feature
03-05-2011 05:05 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Thor
Veteran Member

Awwwwwwww.

31 / – / Flag
I must say that I've been glad to be a part of this, even if not for long compared to most other (still) active members here. Either way, it's been nice to be a part of this community - I've met some really cool people through it, plus had some incredibly good times.
Heck, if it hadn't been for these forums I doubt I'd ever have had such a good time playing Minigolf.

I've enjoyed contributing to the translation of Messenger Plus! so far, and if things don't go downhill, I'll do my bit to make sure Snorwegians can still gain the benefits of what you started.

It's a shame to see you go, but at the same time you now get to focus on something else. May you have a great time with your new direction and a lovely/fantastic/spectacular time as a dad.

Good luck and have fun. (y)
:plus4: Translation guidelines for Messenger Plus! Live
I'm no longer around this town, but I miss the community dearly. You can always find me lurking in #banana, or at
nitrolinken.net.
03-05-2011 05:17 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
rix

34 / Male / Flag
You were right, Patchou, when you told that all good things come to an end. Who hadn't thought of it, lived in a dream world.

I joined this community almost 7 years ago as a punk. Why? I was so attracted to the software and seeing what the community was like, i knew i want to be part of it. I know my post count is low, but still - i have been here all the time, read thousands of posts. My contribution (translation & testing) has been modest, but i feel like i've changed the world. At least i tried to, here and locally. I love my Plus! t-shirts and i love Plus!

For all that and everything else, a standing ovation for you Patch! You changed the world. You made the (IM) world a better place. Now go have fun and say hi for me to your little princess!

Regards,
rix
Show Plus! your commitment - Support Plus!
:: Plus!'s Estonian community - http://foorum.msgpluslive.ee/ ::
03-06-2011 02:11 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Stigmata
Veteran Member

20 / Other / Flag
Wow, its been a crazy ride, from the days of Chris Bolton's mybboard, to the millions and millions of users. This community and product you've developed is really admirable. Messenger Plus is the reason I started programming, and from this I'm now graduating this summer with a degree in Computer Science and moving to the US for a programming job. I am truely thankful to everyone here in the community too.

Congratulations on the little one, hope the mother and yourself are doing okay, not too many sleepless nights.

Patch, you've got a legacy to be very proud of :)

Take care,

jackass_wanabe

edit: Whoops

This post was edited on 03-06-2011 at 03:20 PM by Stigmata.
03-06-2011 03:05 PM
marissa
Veteran Member

ahaha

34 / Female / –
i.. i dont want to believe :sad:

i never thought i'd see the day that you post this O.o... thanks for being more of a friend to all of us. it's what kept us all using the software! it had a personal touch for most of us :) i'm still using the mouse pad you sent me. and i still wear the shirt sometimes! Plus babe forever!!!

<3.
03-06-2011 05:22 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
coolzee

35 / Male / Flag
Another era has ended (2001-2011, 10 years). Patchou has left the building. I remember those days, Plus! was just small extension for msn messenger with few users. Now its big!

There a time for everyone, when they need to move on with there life.

Good luck being a daddy.

I'll still be here skinning WLM. :P

Last of all, It won't be the same without you. :/

This post was edited on 03-06-2011 at 06:40 PM by coolzee.
03-06-2011 06:37 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ipab
Veteran Member

Design Evolved

34 / Male / Flag
Wow. First off, congrats on the baby girl! Second, It was definitely fun and interesting getting to know you/ making fun of you over the years. I've always wanted a "Plus! Meetup" on the west coast and perhaps this time, we can make that happen :P?

Best Wishes and Good luck.

P.S. Now accept my friend request of FB (A)
56656E692C 20566964692C 2056696369
03-06-2011 07:11 PM
Mike
Elite Member

Meet the Spam Family!

31 / Male / Flag
This is a sad day :(
Good luck with whatever you do in real life! (Y)
YouTube closed-captions ripper (also allows you to download videos!)
03-06-2011 07:14 PM
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
I can't say I am surprised that this has happened. The community (and software) won't be the same without you. Good luck with all your future endeavours and thank you for those wonderful years and inspiration for everything I've done here and learned here.
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
03-06-2011 07:19 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
O.P.
Hey,

I was not expecting this... all your posts really mean a lot to me, I'm grateful for everything. If you don't mind, I'll add a copy of your replies in the comments of my blog, I'd like to keep this thread as a souvenir.

If you want to add me on Facebook, just search for my name, I doubt there are many Cyril Paciullo out there :p.

Thank you all.
[Image: signature2.gif]
03-06-2011 09:50 PM
Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: