What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » UIB encoded UIX file, stumped and looking for ideas

UIB encoded UIX file, stumped and looking for ideas
Author: Message:
shawty

O.P. UIB encoded UIX file, stumped and looking for ideas
Hello all,

First off, I apologize for my ever so off topic thread. Messenger Plus! was the only place that I could ever find when searching for information about UIB, and seems to be the only group of people who would have any pointers for my problem.

Here's the sitch: When attempting to modify a file (specifically for my Windows-based phone) with UIX information in it (XML, basically), a challenge arose. All the UIX files were present in the resource extractor and extracted easily as binary files. However, upon opening these files, I discovered their contents to be in an encoded manner I have never seen before. The only similarity between the files is the presence of the letters "UIB", which lead me here.

Naturally, I tried the MPTools.exe file to decode them, but to no avail-no error, no written files, which I suppose indicates the format is not the same as the Windows Live messenger UIB encoding.
Another interesting find was that each file referenced a DataTable.uib file, which, after opening, was very large and also encoded, but I suspect may be some sort of a "key" to the other files. That, or it's just very, very large reference.

Anyway, here's a link to the files I have uploaded. I do not believe this to be "warez" as these files were extracted from a file publicly available off of the Microsoft website. If this violates any rules, however, feel free to remove it:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XLKD7BYB

Basically, I need the "Notifications" file decoded one way or another, and if any pointers could be given, I would be so very, very grateful. Thanks ;)

This post was edited on 03-11-2011 at 10:16 AM by shawty.
03-11-2011 12:15 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
UIB encoded UIX file, stumped and looking for ideas - by shawty on 03-11-2011 at 12:15 AM
RE: [OT] UIB encoded UIX file, stumped and looking for ideas - by CookieRevised on 03-11-2011 at 12:51 AM
RE: RE: [OT] UIB encoded UIX file, stumped and looking for ideas - by shawty on 03-11-2011 at 01:01 AM
RE: [OT] UIB encoded UIX file, stumped and looking for ideas - by CookieRevised on 03-11-2011 at 01:13 AM
RE: [OT] UIB encoded UIX file, stumped and looking for ideas - by Patchou on 03-11-2011 at 07:30 AM
RE: RE: [OT] UIB encoded UIX file, stumped and looking for ideas - by shawty on 03-11-2011 at 10:11 AM
RE: UIB encoded UIX file, stumped and looking for ideas - by ipab on 03-11-2011 at 07:13 PM
RE: UIB encoded UIX file, stumped and looking for ideas - by MeEtc on 03-11-2011 at 10:22 PM
RE: RE: UIB encoded UIX file, stumped and looking for ideas - by shawty on 03-11-2011 at 11:41 PM
RE: UIB encoded UIX file, stumped and looking for ideas - by TheSteve on 03-12-2011 at 03:16 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: