What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Scipts Dont Work with msg plus v5

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
Scipts Dont Work with msg plus v5
Author: Message:
Yustme

40 / – / –
O.P. RE: Scipts Dont Work with msg plus v5

ok here it is, you have to add the email addresses manually in the script itself all the way at the top where it says

'var emailList = [ 'all email addresses here' ];'

separated by a comma.

i did made an interface for it, but i didnt got it to work back then, and i never intended to release this script for public.

.plsc File Attachment: AutoSignIn.plsc (3.3 KB)
This file has been downloaded 127 time(s).
03-19-2011 10:58 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Fike

I make scripts.

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Scipts Dont Work with msg plus v5
quote:
Originally posted by Yustme

ok here it is, you have to add the email addresses manually in the script itself all the way at the top where it says

separated by a comma.

i did made an interface for it, but i didnt got it to work back then, and i never intended to release this script for public.

Err... http://screencast.com/t/IZ7kxEyOCx

Don't worry, I'll see if I can extract it :P

EDIT: You made it a RAR, that's why. Just for future reference (in case you may be thinking of submitting a script), all script packs should be ZIPS, not RARS. And also, should have "ScriptInfo.xml" included to tell Messenger Plus! what the name, version etc. is.

This post was edited on 03-19-2011 at 11:06 AM by Fike.
03-19-2011 11:04 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Scipts Dont Work with msg plus v5
quote:
I got the same problem with the new version. scripts dont work. i got the vista x64 too.
the script is running fine, pressing a button which belongs to that script doesn't doe anything.

not even displaying an error msg.....

i have msn 2009 v14.0.8117.416
Start by using using the correct registry paths.
The Plus!5 registry path is different than used by Plus!4.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-19-2011 11:23 AM
Fike

I make scripts.

– / Male / Flag
Not sure exactly what the scripts purpose is but try this.

quote:
Originally posted by Fike
To automatically signin multiple accounts when Messenger starts (making fully use of the polygamy feature in Plus!). However, such scripts have been made in the past and they always end up being buggy since it is very hard to make something like that to always work properly in every situation (the same with this script; it will fail in some situations... but as long as it is for private use only and he has set up WLM in the proper way it may work for him).

---------------

PS:
Javascript code:
if(WLMRunning() < 2)    {
        if(WLMRunning() < maxMsnWindows)

Doesn't make much sense though since maxMsnWindows is always bigger than 2 anyways.

.plsc File Attachment: AutoSignin.plsc (4.35 KB)
This file has been downloaded 92 time(s).
03-19-2011 11:24 AM
Fike

I make scripts.

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Scipts Dont Work with msg plus v5
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
I got the same problem with the new version. scripts dont work. i got the vista x64 too.
the script is running fine, pressing a button which belongs to that script doesn't doe anything.

not even displaying an error msg.....

i have msn 2009 v14.0.8117.416
Start by using using the correct registry paths.
The Plus!5 registry path is different than used by Plus!4.

ah yeah don't think I did that actually lol :P
03-19-2011 11:24 AM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
You should also use backslashes for the WLM path in the ExecuteWLM function (should actually be double backslashes "c:\\...")

As Cookie said, the reg paths are wrong... use MsgPlus.ScriptRegPath
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
03-19-2011 12:24 PM
Yustme

40 / – / –
O.P. RE: RE: RE: Scipts Dont Work with msg plus v5
quote:
quote:

separated by a comma.

Err... http://screencast.com/t/IZ7kxEyOCx

Don't worry, I'll see if I can extract it :P

EDIT: You made it a RAR, that's why. Just for future reference (in case you may be thinking of submitting a script), all script packs should be ZIPS, not RARS. And also, should have "ScriptInfo.xml" included to tell Messenger Plus! what the name, version etc. is.

the doc said to zip it up and rename it to .plcs or something. i use 7zip, should be the same right?

quote:

can you tell me what you changed?

quote:
quote:
To automatically signin multiple accounts when Messenger starts (making fully use of the polygamy feature in Plus!). However, such scripts have been made in the past and they always end up being buggy since it is very hard to make something like that to always work properly in every situation (the same with this script; it will fail in some situations... but as long as it is for private use only and he has set up WLM in the proper way it may work for him).

---------------

PS:
Javascript code:
if(WLMRunning() < 2)    {
        if(WLMRunning() < maxMsnWindows)

Doesn't make much sense though since maxMsnWindows is always bigger than 2 anyways.

well it works, it always has.

that < 2 was test code and also, it started out by itself as soon as msn starts. but that was the wrong way. also that code has been commented out.

now it starts after a button is pressed.
quote:
Originally posted by Spunky
You should also use backslashes for the WLM path in the ExecuteWLM function (should actually be double backslashes "c:\\...")

As Cookie said, the reg paths are wrong... use MsgPlus.ScriptRegPath

is that the only thing that changed? because if i reinstall msg plus 5 i dont wanna do a system restore. takes forever ;(

and what reg paths do you mean? this one:

Registry_SetKeyValue()
03-19-2011 12:42 PM
Fike

I make scripts.

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: Scipts Dont Work with msg plus v5
quote:
quote:

Did it work for you?
03-19-2011 01:35 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: RE: Scipts Dont Work with msg plus v5
quote:
the doc said to zip it up and rename it to .plcs or something. i use 7zip, should be the same right?
"To ZIP up" means using the ZIP compression format. It doesn't mean compressing the files with whatever compression method you want.

So it doesn't matter what program you use to ZIP files, as long as it is the ZIP format.

Note that you actually do not need any external program for to create ZIP files either. Windows can make ZIP files out-of-the-box. Simply select the files you want to ZIP in Windows Explorer, right click your selection, choose 'Send To' and select 'Compressed Folder'.

;)

quote:
is that the only thing that changed? because if i reinstall msg plus 5 i dont wanna do a system restore. takes forever ;(
System Restore should never be used in any case.
If you want to remove Plus! simply remove it using the uninstaller from Windows 'Remove Program and Files'. The same for Windows Live Messenger.
The same for reinstalling; Simply reinstall the programs using their respective setups.

You should only use System Restore when you encounter a severe system crash or whatever. It is NOT a backup tool, NOR an uninstaller!

This said, I don't see why you should re-install or remove anything. The problems are in your own coded script, nothing else.

quote:
Registry_SetKeyValue()
That is not a reg path, that is a function.
I mean the hard coded registry paths you have store in the variables WLMKey, MPLkey, etc

EDIT: I see that you've changed MPLkey in your new version, but note that it now wont work on Plus!4 though.

quote:
that < 2 was test code and also, it started out by itself as soon as msn starts. but that was the wrong way. also that code has been commented out.
It didn't work; it couldn't be working in Plus!5. Second, Always remember it is absolute vital that if you want people to help you debug your script that you provide all and the completely accurate up-to-date script files, even if you think some files don't matter (they usually do matter). It is not possible to properly help out otherwise.

PS: That '< 2' check in the Initialize event shouldn't be testcode. It is actually what you need to use instead of if(WLMRunning() < maxMsnWindows). Aka, it is the if(WLMRunning() < maxMsnWindows) which is part of the trouble too. The reason being that you should only start this script once! And it is this one instance which should drive all the other Messenger instances. Remember that each time a Messenger instance starts all the Plus! scripts will run too, hence all the other "AutoSignin" scripts should NOT perform any actions (unless you want to end up in a dead loop). Only the first one which started the whole chain should open the other Messenger instances. As such, you MUST use '< 2' (or '== 1') and not '< maxMsnWindows'.

;)

This post was edited on 03-19-2011 at 07:53 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-19-2011 04:24 PM
Yustme

40 / – / –
O.P. RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Scipts Dont Work with msg plus v5
quote:
quote:
"To ZIP up" means using the ZIP compression format. It doesn't mean compressing the files with whatever compression method you want.

So it doesn't matter what program you use to ZIP files, as long as it is the ZIP format.

Note that you actually do not need any external program for to create ZIP files either. Windows can make ZIP files out-of-the-box. Simply select the files you want to ZIP in Windows Explorer, right click your selection, choose 'Send To' and select 'Compressed Folder'.

;)

oh yea, i forgot windows has zip compression, my bad!

quote:

quote:

System Restore should never be used in any case.
If you want to remove Plus! simply remove it using the uninstaller from Windows 'Remove Program and Files'. The same for Windows Live Messenger.
The same for reinstalling; Simply reinstall the programs using their respective setups.

You should only use System Restore when you encounter a severe system crash or whatever. It is NOT a backup tool, NOR an uninstaller!

This said, I don't see why you should re-install or remove anything. The problems are in your own coded script, nothing else.

i've done that in the passed, just uninstall and reinstall a version i had before, but i encountered some problems which i dont remember and i had to do a system restore to fix it.

quote:

quote:
Registry_SetKeyValue()
That is not a reg path, that is a function.
I mean the hard coded registry paths you have store in the variables WLMKey, MPLkey, etc

EDIT: I see that you've changed MPLkey in your new version, but note that it now wont work on Plus!4 though.

quote:
It didn't work; it couldn't be working in Plus!5. Second, Always remember it is absolute vital that if you want people to help you debug your script that you provide all and the completely accurate up-to-date script files, even if you think some files don't matter (they usually do matter). It is not possible to properly help out otherwise.

PS: That '< 2' check in the Initialize event shouldn't be testcode. It is actually what you need to use instead of if(WLMRunning() < maxMsnWindows). Aka, it is the if(WLMRunning() < maxMsnWindows) which is part of the trouble too. The reason being that you should only start this script once! And it is this one instance which should drive all the other Messenger instances. Remember that each time a Messenger instance starts all the Plus! scripts will run too, hence all the other "AutoSignin" scripts should NOT perform any actions (unless you want to end up in a dead loop). Only the first one which started the whole chain should open the other Messenger instances. As such, you MUST use '< 2' (or '== 1') and not '< maxMsnWindows'.

;)

i didnt changed it yet, someone else changed it and uploaded it here for me to test it if it works.

no it doesnt work in version 5, i was talking about version 4. it works and always has.

about your PS, the maxmsnwindows is a constant variable. whats wrong with using constants? although im not a javascript programmer, thought its a good practice.

the script starts launching the msn windows after a button is pressed, it doesnt do this automatically when msn windows starts which is what you thought.

i uploaded all scripts that matter, just 2 files. what makes you think i left out some files?

quote:
quote:
quote:

Did it work for you?

i havent tested it, because i didnt install version 5 yet, but i will asap if i checked out the new register settings.
03-19-2011 11:02 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: