What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Scipts Dont Work with msg plus v5

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
Scipts Dont Work with msg plus v5
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Scipts Dont Work with msg plus v5
quote:
Originally posted by Yustme
i didnt changed it yet, someone else changed it and uploaded it here for me to test it if it works.

oh... yeah... I was in a rush and didn't noticed the poster.

Either way, Fike's change will work for Plus!5, but it wont for Plus!4. Instead you need to check the version of Plus! and use the appropiate path accordingly.

quote:
about your PS, the maxmsnwindows is a constant variable. whats wrong with using constants? although im not a javascript programmer, thought its a good practice.
Yes, I know maxmsnwindows is a constant variable and there is nothing wrong with using constants? But that's not the point at all though. Doing:
If (X<2) {
    If (X<8) {
makes little (read: no) sense at all. Passing the first check tells you that X is smaller than 2 (thus 1).
And if it is smaller than 2 it is of course also smaller than 8 (aka: maxmsnwindows).
Hence If (X<8) is redundant.

But, evermore, you shouldn't be using If (X < maxmsnwindows) in the OnInitialize event in the first place because that is not the proper place to do it. You said If (X < 2) was a test code. But in fact, that line of 'test code' should actually be the one you must use instead of If (X < maxmsnwindows). This because it is only the very first instance of this script which needs to start the other Messenger instances. All other instances of this script, which start because you open more instances of Messenger, should be prevented from executing the code (otherwise you end up in a loop). In other words, the script should only be started once, aka you need to use If (X < 2). That's the logic you should be using for something like this.

This post was edited on 03-20-2011 at 12:15 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-20-2011 12:04 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Yustme

40 / – / –
O.P. RE: RE: Scipts Dont Work with msg plus v5
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
i didnt changed it yet, someone else changed it and uploaded it here for me to test it if it works.

oh... yeah... I was in a rush and didn't noticed the poster.

Either way, Fike's change will work for Plus!5, but it wont for Plus!4. Instead you need to check the version of Plus! and use the appropiate path accordingly.

quote:
about your PS, the maxmsnwindows is a constant variable. whats wrong with using constants? although im not a javascript programmer, thought its a good practice.
Yes, I know maxmsnwindows is a constant variable and there is nothing wrong with using constants? But that's not the point at all though. Doing:
If (X<2) {
    If (X<8) {
makes little (read: no) sense at all. Passing the first check tells you that X is smaller than 2 (thus 1).
And if it is smaller than 2 it is of course also smaller than 8 (aka: maxmsnwindows).
Hence If (X<8) is redundant.

But, evermore, you shouldn't be using If (X < maxmsnwindows) in the OnInitialize event in the first place because that is not the proper place to do it. You said If (X < 2) was a test code. But in fact, that line of 'test code' should actually be the one you must use instead of If (X < maxmsnwindows). This because it is only the very first instance of this script which needs to start the other Messenger instances. All other instances of this script, which start because you open more instances of Messenger, should be prevented from executing the code (otherwise you end up in a loop). In other words, the script should only be started once, aka you need to use If (X < 2). That's the logic you should be using for something like this.

i got into the code again and figure out why i did that back then. the 2 nested if's.

ya i know about the nested if's, this was done to make the script auto start the signin procedure, but i changed it to make it listen to a button press. and now i'm missing that button.

have to fix the interface too now and i'll dive into the code again making it more 'logical'.

never mind, i posted the wrong code, the last upload missed 4 files.

@CookieRevised,

the function:

function OnEvent_Initialize(MessengerStart)
{}

is empty. sorry for the confusions.

@Fike,

your fix fixed the problem, thanks!
03-20-2011 09:06 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites