What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Virtually nothing works in Windows 7

Virtually nothing works in Windows 7
Author: Message:
formidible

O.P. Virtually nothing works in Windows 7
After installation, all I have is a Plus! option in the Messenger bar. Opening this gives me lots of options and configurations, but nonthing seems to work. For example I have no Messenger Plus buttons anywhere either in my contacts list or in the im chat windows, so can't change anything there. I have tried to configure an auto response for a new status message, but this din't work either and there is no way of knowing or seeing whether this new status message is being seen by my contacts. Chat history is also not being recorded as text, and new skins simply say 'not compatible with this version of Messenger'. I am using Windows Live Messenger 2011 with Windows 7. Any help please?

This post was edited on 03-19-2011 at 11:17 PM by formidible.
03-19-2011 11:16 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Arcticwolfx

Identity Unknown

112 / Female / Flag
RE: Virtually nothing works in Windows 7
Hi formidible,

Could you give some more information as to what exactly doesn't work?

Windows 7 by default has Windows Live Messenger 2011, while previous versions of Windows have Windows Live Messenger 2009, which has some significant differences.

You may want to try a complete re-install for start. Do note that Windows Live Messenger 2011 does not support "Personal Status." Skins and scripts will need to be compatible with "Live Messenger 2011."

Chat logs are saved as HTML or text, you can change this in the Messenger Plus! "Preferences and Options" menu.

[Image: msnplus520chatlogs.jpg]

This post was edited on 03-21-2011 at 09:49 AM by Arcticwolfx.
03-21-2011 09:44 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Nagamasa
Skinning Contest Winner

30 / Male / Flag
RE: Virtually nothing works in Windows 7
quote:
Originally posted by formidible
new skins simply say 'not compatible with this version of Messenger'
That most likely correct--each new WLM version is like a new car. An 1990 Honda Civic headlight won't fit on an 2012 Honda Civc. Likewise, skins designed for previous versions of WLM won't work with WLM 2011. You would need the new parts (or skins in this case) to get it to work.
[Image: unled1uo.png]
Joined this forum 6556 days, 21 hours, 47 minutes, 31 seconds ago.

03-21-2011 09:50 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: