What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Wrong window size/skin with printscreen

Wrong window size/skin with printscreen
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Wrong window size/skin with printscreen
It is not just even Windows Snipping Tool which has this problem, every screen copying program which would copy the window frame would probably show the same result.

Because this is how custom-drawn windows, using custom/non-standard frames, are drawn in Windows. As such the copied window is the correct size though.

The real and rectangular (old style) frame of the window is hidden/transparant, and it is always bigger than the custom drawn borders. It also allways contains the (old style) title bar and sometimes even the space for where the (old style) menu bar would have been. So yeah, especially the space above can be quite substantial.

As such, yeah, I suppose copying underlying data unintentionally might be a 'problem' with such custom-drawn windows if you don't know about it.

Personally I never paste directly to Messenger, but first into a graphics program (could be even MS Paint), just for a quick check to make sure I've copied the correct window (and indeed if nothing is there which I don't want).

---------

EDIT:
quote:
Originally posted by matty
Shameless plug... http://beta.screenshotsender.com/get (y)
true true... shame on me that I don't use it :( (nor suggested it)...
Then again, I don't always have Plus! running when taking sshots

This post was edited on 03-31-2011 at 07:16 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-31-2011 02:17 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Wrong window size/skin with printscreen - by DVZs on 03-31-2011 at 01:32 PM
RE: Wrong window size/skin with printscreen - by matty on 03-31-2011 at 01:34 PM
RE: Wrong window size/skin with printscreen - by blessedguy on 03-31-2011 at 01:47 PM
RE: Wrong window size/skin with printscreen - by CookieRevised on 03-31-2011 at 02:17 PM
RE: Wrong window size/skin with printscreen - by matty on 03-31-2011 at 06:28 PM
RE: Wrong window size/skin with printscreen - by MeEtc on 03-31-2011 at 10:14 PM
RE: Wrong window size/skin with printscreen - by CookieRevised on 04-01-2011 at 01:21 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: