What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » email account settings

email account settings
Author: Message:
Yustme

40 / – / –
O.P. email account settings
hi,

how can i set the 'email client' option to open a browser to check out my mail?
i have tried "http://mail.live.nl", but that only opens the site and i still have to login.
04-06-2011 09:56 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: email account settings
If you want to open a website to check your mail it is up to that website and the underlying protocol/webcode to offer a method to sign in using queries in the URL.

As soon as you open an URL the control is not in the hands of Plus! anymore. It is also not feasable to incorporate an automated sign-in routine for the thousands existing webbased email providers. Not to mention that such sign-in routines quite often change during time (including the one of Windows Live).

This said, if you want to use Windows Live/Hotmail as your email and want to use the Windows Live website to manage your email, I suggest to either disable (aka: not use) Plus!' POP3 function, because Messenger already uses Windows Live website _and_ that can sign you in automatically!, or set the email client of the POP3 function in Plus! to the Windows Live Mail desktop client instead.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
04-06-2011 01:56 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: