What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Neither account sees the other

Neither account sees the other
Author: Message:
ennogs

O.P. Neither account sees the other
I have installed the latest version of messenger plus live and able it to run multiple instances.  I have got it to run 2 of my accounts at the same time with no problem.  I have also added the accounts to each other.   

This is now where my problem is.  Both accounts are now online but if I look at the 2 messengers both showthe other is offline?  Am I able to get 2 accounts to be able to talk/see each other if it is on the same PC?
04-10-2011 10:59 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Neither account sees the other
quote:
Originally posted by ennogs
I have installed the latest version of messenger plus live and able it to run multiple instances.  I have got it to run 2 of my accounts at the same time with no problem.  I have also added the accounts to each other.   

This is now where my problem is.  Both accounts are now online but if I look at the 2 messengers both showthe other is offline?  Am I able to get 2 accounts to be able to talk/see each other if it is on the same PC?
yes, you will be able to talk/see each account from the other, even on the same PC... that is, if Messenger works properly.

Note that the 'offline' issue you speak of is not caused by Messenger Plus! though. It is actually (and unfortunatly) somewhat a common issue these days. Messenger does not always show the proper status of all contacts all the time. If there are connection problems (even very small onces) or if there is something wrong with your contacts cache, or in quite a lot more (hard to debug) situations, Messenger will show contacts as offline while they are instead online.

Not much can be done to fix this, other then maybe clearing your contacts cache:
http://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solution...-a074-94fd750935b2
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
04-11-2011 08:39 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ennogs

O.P. RE: Neither account sees the other
Thanks
04-12-2011 04:44 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version