What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » another awkward pop-up when MP!l is locked...

another awkward pop-up when MP!l is locked...
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: another awkward pop-up when MP!l is locked...
quote:
Originally posted by gregrj
Sometimes, when I loose the connection I think, I found on my desktop a pop Up telling me something like :
"some logs couldn't been saved on line, what do you want to do with them... bla bla bla YES NO"

First : this pop up is a clue about me using msn... :S
This is indeed a bug as that dialog should not be shown when Messenger is locked.
As such I have requested this thread to be moved to the "bug reports" subforum instead.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
second : if someone click "yes" a window pops, and my history logs are exposed in plain .TXT,  without any password +o(
The reason for that is so you can manually save those logs somewhere (afterall, you clicked "yes" on the question "Do you want to save them?").

Note that the files in the plusTemp directory are temporary files though, they should be deleted automatically when you exit Messenger.

Also, they are not encrypted because you have disabled encryption of chat logs. If you had enabled encryption, then those files would be encrypted (however, note that they would still be uploaded unencrypted since online logging does not support encryption yet).

The temporary files in subdirectories of plusTemp, created after you have selected "yes" on the question "Do you want to save them?", are indeed stored unencrypted. I suspect this is done so you can easily see what log is what. After that you are suppose to copy/move them yourself to your local chat log folder (or wherever you want) and encrypt them yourself.

quote:
I'm using MyLockBox for my history log, but... is there a way for MP!L to add this kind of option : hiding ALL the folders related ?
No... programs like myLockbox work in a completely different way and on a completely different level than Messenger Plus!.

In order to do something like that and still have access to them when the user has the correct credentials, the program responsible for hiding the folders needs to be constantly running. As soon as you exit Messenger, Messenger Plus! will be closed too.

Evenso, it is completely out of the scope of Messenger Plus! to do something like that. Messenger Plus! is an addon for Messenger. It is not suppose to manipulate your hard disk and/or Windows services. Besides, there are specialized programs out there, like myLockbox, which can do this perfectly.

This post was edited on 04-13-2011 at 10:15 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
04-13-2011 09:40 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
another awkward pop-up when MP!l is locked... - by gregrj on 04-13-2011 at 08:20 AM
RE: another awkward pop-up when MP!l is locked... - by CookieRevised on 04-13-2011 at 09:40 AM
RE: another awkward pop-up when MP!l is locked... - by gregrj on 04-15-2011 at 09:06 PM
RE: another awkward pop-up when MP!l is locked... - by CookieRevised on 04-16-2011 at 01:15 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: