What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » WLM Safe Antivirus

WLM Safe Antivirus
Author: Message:
J.Petersen

O.P. Undecided  WLM Safe Antivirus
I have windows 7 Home premium and have all current updates for my msn windows live messenger and messenger plus. I have my plus set for using multiple accounts, but when I sign into a second account an anti virus pops up to be installed for scripting. It goes to Status:Begin Installation and just sits..it doesn't seem to finish installing and I can not get rid of it or get it to install...HELP!!!
04-14-2011 09:58 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: WLM Safe Antivirus
Hi J.Petersen,

First things first: always remember to search before posting. You would have found your own answer if you searched for "WLM Safe" as there already some threads about this ;)

Anyways, what you're talking about is about a 3rd party script.
A bit of a questionable script for that matter.

As such this has got not much to do with Messenger Plus! itself, but all with that specific script. And thus I'll request this thread to be moved to the scripting forum instead.

---

The script hasn't been updated since a long time. It contains bugs and it uses online services which even don't exist anymore. It also does some questionable things and as such might be a privacy invasion (it collects your email address).
Because of all of this, it has also been removed from the scripting database a while ago.
So, my advise would be to simply remove it from your pc:
Plus! > Preferences & Options > Scripts > Plus! Scripts > select 'WLM Safe' > Remove

See also:
CookieRevised's reply to WLM Safe 5.0 won't install

This post was edited on 04-14-2011 at 11:14 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
04-14-2011 11:08 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: