What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Lock MSN on Close or Minimize MSN

Lock MSN on Close or Minimize MSN
Author: Message:
Janaboy

O.P. Lock MSN on Close or Minimize MSN
Hi!

Please help me create such plugin for msgplus live, that when i click on close ( X ) or minimize (_) on messenger window it lock it..

I try to find the answer, but nothing!

Thanks!
Janaboy

This post was edited on 04-14-2011 at 09:27 PM by Janaboy.
04-14-2011 09:27 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Lock MSN on Close or Minimize MSN
Unfortunalty locking Messenger when you minimize the contactlist can't be done with only pure scripting because that requires subclassing (If you can create an external DLL which subclasses the main Messenger window then it is possible).

However, locking Messenger when you close the contactlist window is possible.

But, is there a specific reason why you don't you use the Messenger Lock shortcut or menu item for this? It has the same effect though...

As for the code to lock Messenger when you close the contactlist, all you need is:
Javascript code:
function OnEvent_ContactListWndDestroyed() {
    if (!MsgPlus.MessengerIsLocked) MsgPlus.LockMessenger(true);
}

.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
04-14-2011 10:21 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Janaboy

O.P. RE: RE: Lock MSN on Close or Minimize MSN
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Unfortunalty locking Messenger when you minimize the contactlist can't be done with only pure scripting because that requires subclassing (If you can create an external DLL which subclasses the main Messenger window then it is possible).

However, locking Messenger when you close the contactlist window is possible.

But, is there a specific reason why you don't you use the Messenger Lock shortcut or menu item for this? It has the same effect though...

As for the code to lock Messenger when you close the contactlist, all you need is:
Javascript code:
function OnEvent_ContactListWndDestroyed() {
    if (!MsgPlus.MessengerIsLocked) MsgPlus.LockMessenger(true);
}

Thanks for help, is working!
But about the reason! Actually i was looking for such solution where if i away from the computer, nobody can delete from my contact list..
So if you can help me with this, i will be happy :), that if i want to delete from my contact list need password or lock of course without the deleting happen!

This post was edited on 04-15-2011 at 09:24 PM by Janaboy.
04-15-2011 09:23 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
I don't understand what you mean with "nobody can delete from my contact list".
What do you mean with "delete"? Do you mean 'signout'?
As such, I don't understand this either:
"if i want to delete from my contact list need password or lock of course without the deleting happen"...

Maybe if you explain it in your own language, somebody else on the forums can translate it.

This post was edited on 04-16-2011 at 10:14 PM by CookieRevised.
04-16-2011 12:47 AM
Janaboy

quote:
I don't understand what you mean with "nobody can delete from my contact list".
What do you mean with "delete"? Do you mean 'signout'?
I such, I don't understand this either:
"if i want to delete from my contact list need password or lock of course without the deleting happen"...

Maybe if you explain it in your own language, somebody else on the forums can translate it.

Sorry!
I try to explain :)
So on my computer i'm using msn, and my girlfriend often delete users from my contact lists (when i'm not by the computer, of course without my permission). But i dont wanna all the time lock my msn, just want to stop, that can't be possible to delete contacts..
I hope you understand now!? :)

Thanks!
04-16-2011 02:44 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Ah, In that case I suggest to:
1) Make sure you have a Windows account set up with a password (a password she doesn't know)
2) Change your Messenger password to something she doesn't know.
3) Use Messenger lock, with a shortcut key, and also with a password (again a password she doesn't know). Or maybe even better, lock your Windws account while you're away.

Only locking Messenger isn't going to solve anything if she knows your Messenger password. All she needs to do in that case is simply kill the Messenger process and start Messenger without Messenger Plus! to gain access to your Messenger account.
04-16-2011 10:19 PM
Janaboy

quote:
Ah, In that case I suggest to:
1) Make sure you have a Windows account set up with a password (a password she doesn't know)
2) Change your Messenger password to something she doesn't know.
3) Use Messenger lock, with a shortcut key, and also with a password (again a password she doesn't know). Or maybe even better, lock your Windws account while you're away.

Only locking Messenger isn't going to solve anything if she knows your Messenger password. All she needs to do in that case is simply kill the Messenger process and start Messenger without Messenger Plus! to gain access to your Messenger account.
Thanks for advices!
But have problem with these :)
If she find out (not a computer master) that i locked the msn, she will fight with me, that i have secrets blabla:) But, if i can lock only the delete of the contacts, than she never will be tell to me, that why she cant delete..Because i will fight with her in that case :) So a little bit complicated :) But if have no different way, i use this lock version..
04-17-2011 08:28 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
You can not prevent someone from deleting contacts if they know the login pasword for Messenger. Even if you would completely remove Messenger, they could still go to your online profile and delete contacts from there.
04-17-2011 08:38 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: