What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » I've been contacted through mshelp.net and asked to commit fraud!!

I've been contacted through mshelp.net and asked to commit fraud!!
Author: Message:
nezumiyukimira

O.P. I've been contacted through mshelp.net and asked to commit fraud!!
I'm really confused and worried right now. I recently received an email from an address I've never heard of before, titled

'Best Regard Mary from MSGHELP.NET'

Yes, the 's' was missing from Regards.

This is what the letter said:

This mail may be a surprise to you because you did not give me the permission to do so and neither do you know me but before I tell you about myself I want you to please forgive me for sending this mail without your permission. I am writing this letter in confidence believing that if it is the will of God for you to help me and my family, God almighty will bless and reward you abundantly. I need an honest and trust worthy person like you to entrust this huge transfer project unto.

My name is Mrs. Mary David, The Branch Manager of a Financial Institution. I am a Ghanaian married with 3 kids. I am writing to solicit your assistance in the transfer of US$7,500,000.00 Dollars. This fund is the excess of what my branch in which I am the manager made as profit last year (i.e. 2010 financial year). I have already submitted an annual report for that year to my head office in Accra-Ghana as I have watched with keen interest as they will never know of this excess. I have since, placed this amount of US$7,500,000.00 Dollars on an Escrow Coded account without a beneficiary (Anonymous) to avoid trace.

As an officer of the bank, I cannot be directly connected to this money thus I am impelled to request for your assistance to receive this money into your bank account on my behalf. I agree that 40% of this money will be for you as a foreign partner, in respect to the provision of a foreign account, and 60% would be for me. I do need to stress that there are practically no risk involved in this. It's going to be a bank-to-bank transfer. All I need from you is to stand as the original depositor of this fund so that the fund can be transferred to your account.

If you accept this offer, I will appreciate your timely response to me. This is why and only reason why I contacted you, I am willing to go into partnership investment with you owing to your wealth of experience, So please if you are interested to assist on this venture kindly contact me back for a brief discussion on how to proceed.

All correspondence must be via my private telephone number and E-mail for obvious security reasons.

Best regards,
Mrs. Mary David.

I'm really confused and worried and I want to know how this strange woman got my e-mail and whether this is some sort of stupid joke.
04-22-2011 06:52 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Nagamasa
Skinning Contest Winner

30 / Male / Flag
RE: I've been contacted through mshelp.net and asked to commit fraud!!
A quick Google search will reveal this is just mass spam mail. :)

Nothing to worry about, but I do suggest you PM one of the SMods here (e.g., Chrono), with the offending email address to address this.
[Image: unled1uo.png]
Joined this forum 6556 days, 11 hours, 27 minutes, 44 seconds ago.

04-22-2011 07:05 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
nezumiyukimira

O.P. RE: RE: I've been contacted through mshelp.net and asked to commit fraud!!
quote:
Originally posted by Nagamasa
A quick Google search will reveal this is just mass spam mail. :)

Nothing to worry about, but I do suggest you PM one of the SMods here (e.g., Chrono), with the offending email address to address this.

Thanks. I was also quite worried it was a virus, but after a quick scan nothing has appeared.

I tried to contact the messenger staff but it wouldn't let me get in contact, it just came up with a blank box saying 'pick an option', but it gave me nothing to select.
04-22-2011 07:08 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
RE: I've been contacted through mshelp.net and asked to commit fraud!!
Well, we can't really take responsibility for what spammers do with the info they find on this website (public data, i mean). If you're really concerned, go to the control panel and set it so that the email address is not shown.

Even then, spammers in general could easily say that they are sending the message from msghelp.net even if they aren't, so basically the message here is not to believe in these kinds of scams, wherever it comes from :P

quote:
Originally posted by nezumiyukimira
I tried to contact the messenger staff but it wouldn't let me get in contact, it just came up with a blank box saying 'pick an option', but it gave me nothing to select.
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/private.php?action=send&uid=14

This post was edited on 04-22-2011 at 07:12 PM by Chrono.
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
04-22-2011 07:09 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: