What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » A few questions - I'm very confused!!

A few questions - I'm very confused!!
Author: Message:
noname11

O.P. Huh?  A few questions - I'm very confused!!
Hi everyone,

Ok I'm really confused here:

(1) - Basically, a few days ago I had a falling out with someone and we both deleted each other from our MSN. I checked to see whether they had deleted me by checking their friends list on their profile, and sure enough I was gone. Then, just the other day, I checked back on their profile and I was back on their friends list again! I never received any notification or invite telling me they had added me back, so what's that about? Why am I on their friends list when I didn't even accept any add - how do I remove myself from their list?

(2) - I tested the above by adding myself using another MSN address of mine and again it didn't notify me of the add. Why not?

(3) - When you go to Options --> Privacy and click on "See who has added you to their contact list", is the list that comes up the people who have you added to their list CURRENTLY, or people who have had your address in their list in the past? Because some of the people on that list I haven't spoken to in well over 6 years, so why would they still have me on their contacts?

I appreciate you reading, thanks!

04-24-2011 11:39 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
RE: A few questions - I'm very confused!!
quote:
Originally posted by noname11
(3) - When you go to Options --> Privacy and click on "See who has added you to their contact list", is the list that comes up the people who have you added to their list CURRENTLY, or people who have had your address in their list in the past? Because some of the people on that list I haven't spoken to in well over 6 years, so why would they still have me on their contacts?
Please read 'Contact List Clean-Up' => Currently Not Working! (PLEASE READ)

quote:
(1) - Basically, a few days ago I had a falling out with someone and we both deleted each other from our MSN. I checked to see whether they had deleted me by checking their friends list on their profile, and sure enough I was gone. Then, just the other day, I checked back on their profile and I was back on their friends list again! I never received any notification or invite telling me they had added me back, so what's that about? Why am I on their friends list when I didn't even accept any add - how do I remove myself from their list?

You can't, it's not possible to force-remove yourself from somebody's else contact list. [And no, disabling your Live account won't work either, even disabled accounts still show up in contact lists]

quote:
(2) - I tested the above by adding myself using another MSN address of mine and again it didn't notify me of the add. Why not?
Using Messenger 2011? (You can post a screenshot here if you're in doubt, or check in Help (pres alt if the menubar is not showing up) > About) If yes, you're notified by that small yellow information bar, not by new windows anymore.
[Image: Empty.png]
04-25-2011 02:32 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
noname11

O.P. RE: A few questions - I'm very confused!!
Hi, thanks for the reply.

I'm not sure what version of MSN I'm using tbh, I don't think it's the latest one though. But does that really make a difference? I've been added by other people and it notifies me, so why not this time?

Ok so I can't remove myself from their list, but how did I get on there in the first place? If they have re-added me, why was I not notified by MSN and asked to accept the add? It's just chosen to accept the add for me :-/ When you say disable, you mean delete? Even deleting my account won't remove me from their list? So the only way to get removed is to contact them and tell them to get rid of me? Urgh... I'd rather not speak to them lol

And there is absolutely nothing else I can do to remove myself? :(
04-25-2011 10:06 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: