What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » help!!!! Messenger Plus 5.01 WLM 2011!!possibly hacked?

help!!!! Messenger Plus 5.01 WLM 2011!!possibly hacked?
Author: Message:
hentailoli

O.P. Shocked  help!!!! Messenger Plus 5.01 WLM 2011!!possibly hacked?
i have one hell of a problem :

as of the last couple of weeks ive been using da new 2011 wlm with plus 5.01 installed over 5.00 plus....well now heres the messed up problem

after some time , mostly randomly i can only see my emoticons as text not as icons anymore when i send them it goes something like this :   (xD)

some shit like that...-.-'....after doing a system restore it was back to normal

and it happened again today even thou i restored yesterday now i did a 2nd restore now it works again...-.-'

im starting to get pissed at msn and plus...wtf have you done microsoft!!!..-.-'....whats with the promised better code and security...-.-'

btw this isnt only happening to me its happening to my other friends too..-.-'...like random restarts of msn or crashes ...like one bros msn restarts if he closes a tabbed conversation...-.-'

and have i mentioned that ive been hacked yesterday?...-.-'

while i was typing all of the sudden my mouse cursor was moving ...but!!..coordinated and its not a wireless mouse and my keyboard started typing but not like without pause either damn like coordinated letters after letters...-.-'..and then my damn explorer windows was starting to get accessed so i decided to disconnect the netz and once i reconnnected it was ok ...but once i logged back in to msn it happened again...-.-'....damn hacking shit...so i unplugged everything and did a system restore....then it finally went back to normal ...anybody willing to help me out id appreciate it

p.s: i got commodo as firewall and eset nod32 as antivirus and malwarebytes for malware did a scan ...and no malware...-.-'

heard about people being able to hack plus with scripts ...but the problem is the only people in my contact list is family and ive never accepted any script either...-.-'

helppppppppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!  ....for the sake of god!!!!!!!im goin crazy here..-.-'....:|

p.s: and another thing is when i open a conversation window with a contact and close it and reopen it ...then i cant type and my nudge is gone so i have to restart msn....-.-'

This post was edited on 04-26-2011 at 12:46 AM by hentailoli.
04-25-2011 10:09 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
RE: help!!!! Messenger Plus 5.01 WLM 2011!!possibly hacked?
First of all we are not Microsoft! It sounds like a bad install of Windows Live Messenger, so try uninstalling Messenger Plus! then Windows Live Messenger. Install WLM by its self and see if the problems continue. If not, install Messenger Plus! again and see if it all still works.

It is very unlikely these issues are being caused by Plus!

Scripts have the same powers as EXE files when it comes to security, but all scripts on the official database are moderated. Even if you had downloaded a script, it is again very unlikely to contain any malicious code.

You mention you gave nod32 and Malware Bytes Anti-Malware. I'm not sure, but your System Restores may have rolled back your virus definitions leaving you vulnerable to certain types of attack. If things start happening again, open Windows Task Manager and check the running processes for anything you don't recognize. It is most likely you have a trojan running on your PC allowing a remote user to take control.
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
04-26-2011 07:47 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
hentailoli

O.P. RE: help!!!! Messenger Plus 5.01 WLM 2011!!possibly hacked?
hmmmmm.....well the definitons arent the problem cause of course i reupdated them....and i did reinstall wlm 2011  ....and it on itself had those problems...then i installed plus and it got even worse so to speak i reinstalled for nothing....-.-'...and i know youre not microsoft...-.-'...just making a statement...-.-'....and about the scripts i already said that i havent accepted any...so that should not be the problem ...but what interests me is why it only happened while i logged into msn?...-.-'

btw still am having the problems....-.-'...no hacking atm ...but still the annoyances and im not the only one here....-.-'
04-26-2011 10:37 AM
hentailoli

O.P. RE: help!!!! Messenger Plus 5.01 WLM 2011!!possibly hacked?
well it seems to have settled down atm all is finally working normally...-.-'
05-14-2011 10:55 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: