What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [released] XTC koffieshop (i.e. Dutch-participle helper)

[released] XTC koffieshop (i.e. Dutch-participle helper)
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: [released] XTC koffieshop (i.e. Dutch-participle helper)
cool :p

Though, I never quite understood (and thus used) the usage of the 't Kofschip-trick. I mean, if you pronounce the past tense of the verb you can always clearly hear what letter you need to use (in 99,9999% cases*)...

*which is much more than using the 't kofschip-trick and remembering its exceptions.

Also, the 't Kofship-trick wont work with several verbs, especially verbs derived from English.
Eg: 'Faxen' => "Faxte" (not "Faxde").
(of course of you use your "XTC" prefix it would work for this particular verb :p)

And of course irregular verbs like "kopen" wont work either (but that's obvious).

quote:
Originally posted by SmokingCookie
Yeah I know.. But I've spent a couple of hours straight trying to think of a verb base ending on c or h, but haven't really succeeded yet :P
"lachen", "crashen", ...
Dunno one with 'c' so quickly though...

Also take in account verbs like "skiën" in case you're searching the end of the string for "en", it will fail (haven't looked at the source).
Then there is also the problem of taking the base of that verb: the base is "skie" not "ski". In case of "'t kofschip" the trick will work ("e" isn't in "'t kopschip" so it is "skiede"), but if you use "koffieshop" it will fail, you'll have a "e" in there...

PS: maybe to further increase the use of the script you could hard code irregular verbs? http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lijst_van_sterke_en_..._in_het_Nederlands

Also, I would remove the mandatory usage of the square brackets in the parameter. They seem useless imho; if no parameter is given, open the window. If a parameter is given, try to parse it.

;)

This post was edited on 05-02-2011 at 01:00 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-02-2011 11:27 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
[released] XTC koffieshop (i.e. Dutch-participle helper) - by SmokingCookie on 05-01-2011 at 01:41 PM
RE: [released] XTC koffieshop (i.e. Dutch-participle helper) - by foaly on 05-01-2011 at 04:50 PM
RE: [released] XTC koffieshop (i.e. Dutch-participle helper) - by SmokingCookie on 05-01-2011 at 05:42 PM
RE: [released] XTC koffieshop (i.e. Dutch-participle helper) - by CookieRevised on 05-02-2011 at 11:27 AM
RE: [released] XTC koffieshop (i.e. Dutch-participle helper) - by SmokingCookie on 05-02-2011 at 01:12 PM
RE: [released] XTC koffieshop (i.e. Dutch-participle helper) - by foaly on 05-02-2011 at 01:49 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: