What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Trying to get a "hazy" display name

Trying to get a "hazy" display name
Author: Message:
0rpheus

O.P. Trying to get a "hazy" display name
Hi, I have a very minor tiny "problem" here

I've selected the option to match the colour scheme with my scene colour and the problem is that with enabling this option the "hazy" effect (that appears when you select certain pre-set colour scheme) on my display name disappears, but I'd really like it to stay. Is there any way to force that "hazy" display name effect? If you don't know what I'm talking about:
normal- [Image: nam2.png]
"hazy"- [Image: nam1.png]

Again, this is a very small detail, but there's nothing I can do, I like it when things look nice, so I hope someone can help ;)

Thanks

This post was edited on 05-15-2011 at 10:11 PM by 0rpheus.
05-15-2011 10:10 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
whiz

– / – / Flag
RE: Trying to get a "hazy" display name
I think the haze effect is dependant on your theme colour, not the scene.  To get the effect like in your screenshot, choose a light colour so that text becomes black with a white haze...
05-19-2011 07:38 AM
0rpheus

O.P. RE: RE: Trying to get a "hazy" display name
quote:
Originally posted by whiz
I think the haze effect is dependant on your theme colour, not the scene.  To get the effect like in your screenshot, choose a light colour so that text becomes black with a white haze...
Oh I see, so the "hazy" effect is totally dependant on the darkness of the theme colour. I don't get it why it's configured like that....

Ok, that's good to know, but my problem still persists- I'd like to have dark (totally black actually) theme colour while still keeping the "hazy" effect. So basically I'm looking for a way to trick MSN into thinking I have selected a light theme colour while actually I have a dark one, by editing a file/registry entry or something like that.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, really appreciate it! :)

This post was edited on 05-19-2011 at 02:16 PM by 0rpheus.
05-19-2011 02:08 PM
whiz

– / – / Flag
RE: Trying to get a "hazy" display name
quote:
Originally posted by 0rpheus
So basically I'm looking for a way to trick MSN into thinking I have selected a light theme colour while actually I have a dark one, by editing a file/registry entry or something like that.
Yeah, I doubt there's a way of doing it.  :^)  As far as I have heard, Messenger only stores the theme colour and scene as options, so the haze effect must be applied internally by Messenger based on the colour choice.
05-22-2011 11:41 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: