What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » MSG Problem

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
MSG Problem
Author: Message:
character101

O.P. MSG Problem
MSG randomperson@gmail.com    Random%20Person     1222
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
X-MMS-IM-Format: FN=Segoe%20UI; EF=; CO=0; CS=1; PF=0

Okay, so that appears whenever my friend writes to me. Not every single time she writes something big... but once in a while and its really annoying. Like it cuts off what they are writing example:

"Omg you know yesterday at the shop I was going towards the doors and I accidentally hit the wall! It was so embarrassing but I managed to play it cool... by pretending I dropped something. I hope no one saw me but you never know.

Oh that reminds me when I wasMSG randomperson@gmail.com    Random%20Person     1222
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
X-MMS-IM-Format: FN=Segoe%20UI; EF=; CO=0; CS=1; PF=0

Omg you know yesterday at "

It always brings back up the first line my msn contact said. I don't know why, I don't know what this is. I have searched on google for an answer but have come up with nothing.

I probably wasn't typing it in right but I didn't really know how to word it other then. MSG problem.

Hope someone can help. :/

This post was edited on 05-16-2011 at 04:01 PM by character101.
05-16-2011 03:59 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: MSG Problem
Wow, that's strange...
And the very first time I ever seen someone reporting something like this.

What you get is actually a mix of the message and a part of the actual protocol message (which shouldn't be seen).

Is it always with the same contact?
Can it be reproduced regulary or is it more of a very rare occurance?
Have you some Messenger Plus! scripts installed?
Do you have the same problem when you uninstall Messenger Plus!?
Have you any other Messenger addons installed, or ever installed in the past?
Do you use some special internet monitoring software (eg: to check bandwith usage), or some special firewall software?
What version of Messenger are you using?
What version of Messenger Plus! are you using?
What version of Windows are you using (and is it 32 or 64bit)?

This post was edited on 05-17-2011 at 09:04 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-16-2011 04:33 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
character101

O.P. RE: MSG Problem
Is it always with the same contact?
Can it be reproduced regulary or is it more of a very rare occurance?
Have you some Messenger Plus! scripts installed?
Do you have the same problem when you uninstall Messenger Plus!?
Have you any other Messenger addons installed, or ever installed in the past?
Do you use some special internet monitoring software (eg: to check bandwith usage), or some special firewall software?
What version of Messenger are you using?
What version of Messenger Plus! are you using?
What version of Windows Are you using (and is it 32 or 64bit)?

Yes its only ever with one contact. ^^; I only ever talk to this one contact.
Its regularly more often then rare. Only when big messages are introduced. Sometimes they can send big messages and it's fine other times its a problem.
No, I don't have any scripts.
And no it doesn't happen with small messages only big messages that Messenger Plus offers.
And no addons what so ever.
My system is vista, I have no firewalls on. I have BitDefender as a virus blocker and such. But other then that, there isn't any special monitoring software. Just anything that comes with the vista operating system.
Version 2009 (Build 14.0.8117.416) Windows Live Messenger.
Version 4.90.0.392 Messenger Plus! Live.
My system type is 64-bit operating system.

If there is anything else you need please just ask.

05-17-2011 01:25 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
I don't think there is a real solution yet, but to try to further pinpoint the problem, you could try the following stuff:

First thing to do would be to test with another contact, so maybe you can add someone else you can test with?

If it still occurs, uninstall Messenger Plus! Live to see if it is realy a problem of Plus! itself.
But, before you uninstall, export your all your Plus! settings first, unless you didn't alter the default options of course. This in case you decide to re-install/downgrade back to Messenger Plus! Live 4 after doing all the stuff below. Otherwise all your Messenger Plus! Live 4 settings will get lost.

If it doesn't occur anymore after uninstalling Messenger Plus! Live 4, it is almost for sure a Messenger Plus! issue.
So, in that case I would suggest to update to the newest version of Messenger Plus! (5.01.706) and check if you still have the same problem.
Note, when you update to Messenger Plus! 5, all your settings of Messenger Plus! Live 4 will be automatically ported.

If it still happens with Messenger Plus! 5, then I would try to disable the following two options:
Plus! > Preferences & Options > Appearance > Chat Window > Increase max size of messages you can send
Plus! > Preferences & Options > Formatting > Formatting Options > Improve pasting operations for large text
After that, restart Messenger and check again if you get the same strange stuff.

And finally, it might be a very very long shot, but you could try to disable BitDefender (just to check).
05-17-2011 07:35 PM
Apatik

\o/

– / Male / Flag
Why wouldn't the cause be on the contact's side? Do you know if your contact has the same issue with other of his/her contacts or only with you?
[Image: rdmazu.php]
05-17-2011 08:27 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Apatik
Why wouldn't the cause be on the contact's side? Do you know if your contact has the same issue with other of his/her contacts or only with you?
ah, yeah, true (since it seems it is only with 1 contact) :p
So I guess all the questions asked here, should be answered by that contact too...
+ What client does he/she uses (Windows Live Messenger or another)?
+ Does he/she also have Plus! installed?

This post was edited on 05-18-2011 at 10:54 PM by CookieRevised.
05-17-2011 09:02 PM
character101

My other contact had the same problem on my side but it randomly stopped for them and hasn't happened to them since. So them giving you their information probably won't be helpful.

I can't add another contact either to check that way because its a private account. But I have another messenger that had plus. And I use to use it ALL the time and not once did that ever happen with this contact or any of the other contacts.

And I don't believe turning of the 1100 will help because this has never happened with a small message you see. So by turning that off chances are it will never happen again. XD But I love the 1100 word extension so I wouldn't want to go without it either.

And like I mentioned before its a private account so there is only me and my other contact. So they can't exactly check either. But the same thing goes for them. They had another account with other active members and plus, and once again this NEVER happened to them or with me.

My first step is to download messenger plus 5. I'll do that, the problem hasn't happened in a while. ^^;; So, I'll do that and then it might be a while before I learn if the problem is up and about again. So please be patient. And I hope its as simple as just updating my Messenger Plus.

And I haven't changed any of the plus 4, I've left everything as it is. XD;

I know I said previously it happened regularly, and it was when I reported this problem but now its died off again. :/ Stupid thing.

This post was edited on 05-19-2011 at 08:01 PM by character101.
05-19-2011 07:59 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by character101
I can't add another contact either to check that way because its a private account. But I have another messenger that had plus. And I use to use it ALL the time and not once did that ever happen with this contact or any of the other contacts.
Is there nobody you can add at all? You can create another account and use that from another PC too.

quote:
And I don't believe turning of the 1100 will help because this has never happened with a small message you see. So by turning that off chances are it will never happen again. XD But I love the 1100 word extension so I wouldn't want to go without it either.
Depends on what you call small and big messages. Messenger itself allows you to go to 400 characters. Which is not small compared to a message like "hello, how are you". The reason for asking is for testing purpose only (not as a permanent fix) and thus to try to see if it isn't caused by those options.

In other words, try to test with messages close to 400 characters (but not more), and test it with each of the 4 combinations of those two options I listed before enabled and disabled.

quote:
My first step is to download messenger plus 5. I'll do that, the problem hasn't happened in a while. ^^;; So, I'll do that and then it might be a while before I learn if the problem is up and about again. So please be patient.
(y)

quote:
And I hope its as simple as just updating my Messenger Plus.
Still sounds like a very very strange (and rare) issue though and it might be nice to know what the real culprint is.

Of course, it can always be a bug in Messenger itself too or on the Messenger servers (again, test with large messages close to 400 characters, and Plus! uninstalled). Stranger things have happened, but not that many :P

This post was edited on 05-19-2011 at 08:50 PM by CookieRevised.
05-19-2011 08:49 PM
character101

No, there isn't anyone else to add. Sorry. XD;

And, as for what I consider a big message. Anything under 400 words is sent I can guarantee it. With no problems of this 'MSG'. But, I write big messages all the time that go over 400 words and so does my other contact.

Of course the messages I sent to my other contact go through fine, just when they write big messages back to me, it cuts it off. Like just today, it happened twice in a row with two of my contacts big messages. ^^;;; All our little messages are find.

Anyways, I've installed plus 5 and the same thing is happening. It was good for a tiny bit but now its growing very irritating again. ^^;;

"QUOTE: Plus! > Preferences & Options > Formatting > Formatting Options > Improve pasting operations for large text
After that, restart Messenger and check again if you get the same strange stuff. "

I did that as well but still nothing... if you still honestly want me to take off the 1100 words. ^^; Then I'll try that next. But like I said anything under 400 words happens fine.

Still at this point. ^^;;; I'm willing to try it.

This post was edited on 05-24-2011 at 02:38 PM by character101.
05-24-2011 02:32 PM
amaranthine

I am the friend, lol.

To add a little bit more info to the situation I'd like to say that:

Me and my friend had actually previously had a problem where all messages over WLM's default character limit would give us a "message could not be sent to all participants" that was also posted on here.

We solved that problem by actually making brand new accounts.  However, on those accounts, and possibly the ones before those as well, we have gotten this MSG error code.

I've just recently gotten a brand new computer and the MSG code still happens even after the switch.  So, it has nothing to do with my computer being faulty.  I had XP Professional before and now I have the same OS as my friend: Vista.

As my friend says, the only time this message appears is if we go over the normal WLM character limit.  So, I'm almost positive if we were to shut off Plus!'s 1100 extension feature, it would fix the problem.

However, the main thing we use on Plus! is the 1100 extension.  Lately, because of this MSG error, we have had to switch over to Skype multiple times just so we can talk in length.  Instead of having to break up every single message into small little groups over MSN.

It can get rather annoying.  =_=
05-24-2011 02:51 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: