What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » msn profile friends list

msn profile friends list
Author: Message:
Cari_X

O.P. msn profile friends list
Hi guys , I have a question about the msn profile friends list.

I  had this guy on my msn list and he was just never online, even though for some reason he would answer the offline messages I sent to him in about a day or 2 after I sent them. When I checked his msn profile I could see me as one of his friends. So I deleted him from my msn cotacts and suddenly I no longer show as one of his friends( I can see his profile from some pages on the internet). Does that mean he had deleted me too?
And if so, doesnt that mean theres a pretty simple way to find out who has deleted you?

05-24-2011 03:21 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: msn profile friends list
quote:
Originally posted by Cari_X
Does that mean he had deleted me too?
Not necessarily.

quote:
Originally posted by Cari_X
And if so, doesnt that mean theres a pretty simple way to find out who has deleted you?
No.

You showing up in the 'friends list' of a contact has to do with both your own and your friend's privacy options of both the global and the individual contact's options (you can assign certain privacy options to individual contacts too). So, deleting someone from the contact list is only one of the reasons why you wont show up in their 'friends list' anymore. So, no, you can _not_ conclude automatically that someone has removed you from, or hasn't you on, their contact list if you do not show up in their public accessable 'friends list' on their profile. Thus, it's a possible reason, but not the only reason.

This post was edited on 05-26-2011 at 12:19 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-25-2011 09:48 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Cari_X

O.P. RE: msn profile friends list
Thank you so much CookieRevised.. I know it is stupid but i was dying to know that...
05-25-2011 11:09 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: