What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Show what I'm listening to

Show what I'm listening to
Author: Message:
MrSmiley

O.P. Show what I'm listening to
"This feature requires Windows Media Player 9 or later."
That's what I get when I try to click "Show what I'm listening to".

My computer crashed, I had to upgrade to windows 7, and I lost the windows 7 installation cd shortly after, don't ask how because I 'lost' it, so I wouldn't know.
I know most people say to just reinstall Windows 7 and use the windows media player version made for Windows 7 but I can't reinstall. And going back to a previous restore point won't do any good.

The reason I'm even having this issue is because I disliked the new Windows Media Player version for Windows 7(Who the hell doesn't...), and so I looked around on the web and came across a way to install windows media player 11 on windows 7. The files I downloaded and installed completely removed Windows Media Player 12 and furthermore, the feature of reinstalling it through the features window no longer works. It just says that it failed to install, so on, etc... I've tried everything and can't get anything to work.
I've enabled the options in windows media player to show what i'm listening, and I've done it in msn as well. Still nothing. The problem is that my windows live messenger doesn't recognize my Windows Media Player 11 that I installed.

This is the site I went to for installing it.
http://www.winmatrix.com/forums/index.php?/topic/...-11-for-windows-7/

I need to know if there's anyway I can just uninstall my current version of windows media player and reinstall windows media player 11 or 12 even without reinstalling windows 7 entirely or re-enabling it in that features window(Which no longer works for me). I've never payed much attention to this since it's not a big deal but it would be nice if anyone knew of a way to get it to work with msn so that the show what im listening to feature will work.
(I use iTunes)

This post was edited on 06-17-2011 at 06:25 AM by MrSmiley.
06-17-2011 06:24 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: