What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Webcam Not Working

Webcam Not Working
Author: Message:
Arran

O.P. Webcam Not Working
I'm having a few problems setting up my webcam on MSN PLUS!!! I go into the set up via tools and skip the microphone and sound tester and try to set up my webcam. I choose the webcam I want to use (Lenovo 2.0 UVC) but it should come up with an option saying next(I believe) but all it comes up with is 'Back, Cancel and Finish'. If I click on finish it doesn't do anything at all!!!

Please help!!!

Thanks
06-19-2011 01:51 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Mavili

48 / – / Flag
RE: Webcam Not Working
Hello Arran, I have been in this situation as well.  And the fix was to select the "default cam device" option.

When you go into set up of your media devices, and on the cam are you checking the model of web cam that you have installed, or "Default  Cam"?

I suspect if you have your cam already installed (which becomes the default cam device), then when you select the name of that model cam, its trying to detect another cam that isn't there.

Also don't forget if you have multiple cams or mics connected, be sure to disable those, and enable the ones you want to use in your sound settings and configuration. Hope this helps if you still had the problem, or if anyone else encounters it.
06-27-2011 11:16 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: