What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Chat Logs deleting themselves while viewing

Chat Logs deleting themselves while viewing
Author: Message:
salanos

Whiteout

O.P. Dodgy  Chat Logs deleting themselves while viewing
Right, this has happened a few times and it's extremely irritating.

I use the chat log viewer quite often, sometimes while talking to the person involved, but I notice that sometimes if I leave the log viewer unattended for a while, then view a log for a different month (I keep folders per contact), sometimes the log deletes itself.

If I click the affected log in the viewer (it still shows there) it will say that access to the file is denied, then if I attempt again, it will say the file cannot be found.

If I check the directory in Windows Explorer, it's gone as expected, not in the recycle bin or even if I use file recovery (undeletion) software.

Is there a way to retrieve the file, or at the very least to stop this from happening any more?
[Image: 15xpvl5.PNG]
08-18-2011 11:15 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Chat Logs deleting themselves while viewing
quote:
Originally posted by salanos
Is there a way to retrieve the file, or at the very least to stop this from happening any more?

If you have used an undelete app and was unsuccessful there is no way to recover it.

Now with that said during beta testing of Messenger Plus! this issue has never arose. It would lead me to believe there is an application or something like that on your computer that is causing the logs to be deleted. Irregardless I suggest emailing support@kimahrisoftware.com with your problem and they may be able to investigate further.
08-19-2011 12:35 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
salanos

Whiteout

O.P. RE: Chat Logs deleting themselves while viewing
It only seems to happen when I'm browsing the logs and without very much apparent reason.

I can only think of my security (Kaspersky) as possibly deleting it, but that's unlikely as Kaspersky should offer a notification if it detects a threat and wants to delete it.
[Image: 15xpvl5.PNG]
08-20-2011 02:13 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: