What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Log Viewer can't open old logs

Log Viewer can't open old logs
Author: Message:
baryn

O.P. Log Viewer can't open old logs
Hello!

I can't seem to find another person with my problem in this forum, so I'm writing to ask you if you could help me.

I had used Messenger Plus about a year ago and saved all my chat logs as encrypted files (.ple format). A couple of days ago, I uninstalled Messenger Plus (I had an old version that is incompatible with the new MSN), shift-deleted completely all the chat logs and then... had second thoughts! :) So I succeeded to recover the deleted logs and installed the new version of Messenger Plus.

Now I can't seem to open the chat logs in the log viewer. The logs are encrypted  and when i try to open them in the viewer, Windows acts as if I am trying to download something from the internet. So, I just click "Open" and nothing happens.

I don't know if this is because I shift-deleted and then recovered the files and maybe somehow damaged the files in the process? But I doubt it, because the recovery program says they are 100% recovered. Do you have some ideas?

Any help would be appreciated!
09-10-2011 05:48 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
baryn

O.P. RE: Log Viewer can't open old logs
I did a system restore to get the old version of Messenger Plus, but the Log Viewer again tries to "download" the log file form the internet :( I don't know what to do...
09-10-2011 06:06 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: