What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » i don't remember my chat-log password. help

i don't remember my chat-log password. help
Author: Message:
jcswatch

O.P. i don't remember my chat-log password. help
Help.

i don't remember my chat-log password. But I remember my Messenger PLus password.

How can I look into my chat log?
09-21-2011 07:02 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: i don't remember my chat-log password. help
You can't. End of story. There is no way to recover the password or change it if you have forgotten it. The only thing available is a password hint that could try and remind you of the password other than that you are SOL. There is no magical way to recover it. If there was it would defeat the purpose of having a password in the first place.

This post was edited on 09-21-2011 at 07:07 PM by matty.
09-21-2011 07:07 PM
jcswatch

O.P. RE: i don't remember my chat-log password. help
Funny thing is that I can view the logs on the Messenger Plus website with my MessengerPlus password.

Surely, if I have my MPlus password, I should be able to recover the Chat password.
09-21-2011 07:15 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: i don't remember my chat-log password. help
quote:
Originally posted by jcswatch
Funny thing is that I can view the logs on the Messenger Plus website with my MessengerPlus password.

Surely, if I have my MPlus password, I should be able to recover the Chat password.
As matty said: you can not!

Also, encrypted logs are not stored remotely on the MyPlus! server. Or said otherwise: logs will be stored unencrypted when you have the option enabled to store your logs remotely on the MyPlus! server.

So either your logs are not stored encrypted in the first place and you can read them as-is, or either you can't use the MyPlus! remote storage... but you can not have both like you suggested.

Either way, there is no way to decrypt an ecnrypted chat log if you don't know the password anymore. The MyPlus! password has got nothing to do with this and has absolutely no influence on it.

This post was edited on 09-21-2011 at 07:45 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-21-2011 07:43 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: