What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Contact Info Dialog

Contact Info Dialog
Author: Message:
winbow

O.P. Contact Info Dialog
I'm using WLM2009 with the new version of Plus! 5.10.0.748. I see that clicking on the contact in the chat window opens up the Contact Info dialog. I don't really like having it open via single left click. Is there a way to disable this? May I suggest putting a menu item in the menu beside the display picture instead?

And just wanted to point out that it doesn't work too well in Group chat windows. Possible bug?
09-23-2011 07:16 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Nurio

That Kirby fan

33 / Male / Flag
RE: Contact Info Dialog
I have to second this.

And I actually don't really have any more to add... It's really annoying when I get two pop ups when I just want to talk to someone privately by double-clicking on them.
[Image: KirbySignature.png]
10-01-2011 11:07 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
It is confusing what you guys are talking about. Even more so because winbow is talking about a single click on "a contact in a chat window", but there are no "contact's" in a chat window; you already are talking to a contact and Nurio is talking about double clicking.

So, it took a while, but I think what you guys mean is:
Disable the displaying of the Contact Info Dialog when clicking on a display picture of a contact in a groupchat.
Which I fully agree with...it even could be seen as a kind of bug.

PS: that term "groupchat" is very vital here to understand what you're talking about. It otherwise doesn't make much sense.... ;) :p

This post was edited on 10-02-2011 at 12:12 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-02-2011 12:10 AM
Nurio

That Kirby fan

33 / Male / Flag
But the thing is... winbow did mention group chats, and I just built on that.

But thanks for making it much clearer, CookieRevised.
Yes, I double-click on a contact in a group chat to start a private conversation with them. But this opens two Contact Info windows, and that's something I don't want.
10-02-2011 12:36 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Nurio
But this opens two Contact Info windows, and that's something I don't want.
Two Contact Info windows?
It only opens one Contact Info window here (together with a chat window to that contact).
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-02-2011 01:15 AM
winbow

O.P. RE: Contact Info Dialog
Ah, sorry if I was not clear the first time. But yes, I meant clicking on the display picture in a conversation window.

Let me explain the group chat (circle) issue I am experiencing. I am trying to single click on a contact's DP in a group chat, but it keeps showing the contact info of the person bottom on the list. This is probably okay with a group of 2 persons. But with 3 or more persons, the issue becomes more noticeable.

I've tried to double click on a contact's DP to start a private convo. It opens the contact info of the last person, opens a private convo with the person I meant to click on, plus his or her contact info as well. That is what I think Nurio meant by it opening two contact info windows.

Also, if I am double clicking a DP in the group chat and if the contact info pops up in front of it, the 2nd click almost always does not count thus not opening a private convo. Not sure if double clicking speed and dialog loading speed varies the result.

I have not tested with regular group convos, but I suspect that it may be affected as well.

I hope that was clear this time. xD

This post was edited on 10-02-2011 at 05:04 AM by winbow.
10-02-2011 04:53 AM
Nurio

That Kirby fan

33 / Male / Flag
I just tried double-clicking on a DP in a group chat again... And yes, apparently it does first open someone else's Contact Info on the first click. Then on the second click, it opens the private conversation and the Contact Info from the person I clicked on.
10-02-2011 04:17 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: