What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » See who has deleted me on messenger?

See who has deleted me on messenger?
Author: Message:
Pissmeoff

O.P. See who has deleted me on messenger?
Hi!

I know everybody is keep saying that no one can see if you are deleted from another persons messenger but when I log in to my hotmail from you website www.hotmail.com and click on one of my contacts it says if we are friends or not. I tried adding myself from my other account and it said that we are friends in messenger but then when i deleted it it said "you have invited...to be your friend in messenger"

Does this mean that i can see who has me on their friends list?

Thanks.
10-08-2011 09:12 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: See who has deleted me on messenger?
Nope, not always.
In some cases you could deduct that someone has removed you. But that is only in certain cases (like you just explained). The problem with that is that you don't know up front what the case is.
In your example, you knew that you've removed that other account and thus you can correctly determine that one account has removed the other in its list.
But in practice, you don't know if you're friend has realy removed you from his list, or if it is another scenario. In both cases you'll get the same "you have invited" or similar note.
And because of that, it is safe to say that you can't know for sure if someone has delete you. It is always a guess and thus never accurate.

I hope this confusing explanation makes some sense though :p;)

This post was edited on 10-08-2011 at 09:22 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-08-2011 09:21 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pissmeoff

O.P. RE: See who has deleted me on messenger?
Thanks for the answer!:) but if its never accurate as you say then its completely worthless right? Why dont they just remove it then?

sorry for my english im from norway:P
10-08-2011 09:40 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Pissmeoff
Thanks for the answer!:) but if its never accurate as you say then its completely worthless right? Why dont they just remove it then?
The function on its own (removing someone from the contact list) isn't worthless though.

It's just not possible for you to always accuratly know if someone has removed you from their lists or not. Think of it as a kind of privacy issue if you will.

PS: It used to be possible to know, but since the Windows Live Network has merged a couple of years ago (kind of - 'merged' isn't the exact correct word, but I can't come up with a better one at the moment) with other social networks like Yahoo and Facebook, they have changed how the Reverse List works to make it compatible with those other networks. This so you can chat with Yahoo, Facebook, etc from within the new Messenger.

The Reverse List is the one which holds the people who have you on their list. It's the reverse from the Contact List.

By the way, this is also the reason why the "Has You" column in the Contact Cleanup Wizard, from the Windows Live Messenger addon Messenger Plus!, isn't accurate anymore.

no worries, your English is perfectly understandable ;)

This post was edited on 10-08-2011 at 10:20 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-08-2011 10:18 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
deyapretty

well I think windows live messenger profiles are pretty accurate. One of my contacts had deleted me this summer (not blocked) and it was showing up on his profile: You have invited xxxxxx in messenger.

A few days ago I opened a conversation with him and weird, on his profile I read: "You are friends with xxxxxx in messenger etc"

Also, I've noticed that when you delete someone (even without blocking him/her manually) that person is blocked by messenger automatically. I've tried several times and when I add the contact back the contact appears on my list as blocked while I NEVER blocked him myself. And I'm using WLM 2009 by the way.
Actually you could conclude that all your online contacts haven't deleted you for sure ;)
10-10-2011 11:38 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: