What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Contact List Clean-Up chronic issues

Contact List Clean-Up chronic issues
Author: Message:
Fabulist

O.P. Contact List Clean-Up chronic issues
Hello everyone,

So I have been using Messenger Plus for about 3 or 4 years now, and until a certain period and beyond (I think after 2009) Messenger Plus assumes certain people do not have me in their contact list, but that's a false positive.

This happens mostly in new contacts but not with all of them. The major issue is, it assumes people do not have me in their contact list, while I've had them and they had me since before I used Messenger Plus live.

Now I verified this with over 5 contacts (I actually logged in with their accounts or they logged in in front of me to verify they had me added) and still I can't figure out what the problem is.

I tried to work around this by making my friends delete me, so I could delete them too, and I can re-add them or they to re-add me. Unfortunately this didn't work either.

As I said specific contacts, new and old, constantly presented this problem over the years, and that includes various contacts from @hotmail.com - @live.com - @yahoo.com, people with fresh or old e-mail accounts.

-

So my question is; is there a way to fix this? Is there another alternative and reliable way where I can check who has deleted me / blocked me? Is this a problem with my e-mail account instead of MsgPlus and should I contact Microsoft about it?

Thanks in advance for any response.

EDIT: I already asked this once in the past and I had no response, and yes I have searched the forum and I did find similar threads with similar problems but I could not find a helpful answer.

This post was edited on 11-07-2011 at 04:26 PM by Fabulist.
11-07-2011 04:24 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Contact List Clean-Up chronic issues - by Fabulist on 11-07-2011 at 04:24 PM
RE: Contact List Clean-Up chronic issues - by Mnjul on 11-07-2011 at 04:55 PM
RE: Contact List Clean-Up chronic issues - by Fabulist on 11-07-2011 at 05:32 PM
RE: Contact List Clean-Up chronic issues - by matty on 11-07-2011 at 05:59 PM
RE: Contact List Clean-Up chronic issues - by CookieRevised on 11-08-2011 at 11:03 AM
RE: Contact List Clean-Up chronic issues - by matty on 11-08-2011 at 12:12 PM
RE: Contact List Clean-Up chronic issues - by CookieRevised on 11-08-2011 at 02:16 PM
RE: Contact List Clean-Up chronic issues - by matty on 11-08-2011 at 02:20 PM
RE: Contact List Clean-Up chronic issues - by CookieRevised on 11-08-2011 at 02:38 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: