What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Android dev - camera focus

Android dev - camera focus
Author: Message:
Chancer

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. Android dev - camera focus
Hey guys! I'm making some Android apps, and dealing with the camera has been puzzlingly for me.

Currently, I have a frame and I can show the camera image (live, of course) and take pictures. However, focus don't change. I tried setting the parameter to "FOCUS_MODE_CONTINUOUS_VIDEO", hoping it would re-focus continuously, but it didn't. Perhaps it works while recording videos, but reading the description seems it should work while just capturing and showing on the screen.

Then I tried to make a routine to call autoFocus() periodically, but this solution is not good because the focus adjust doesn't happen smoothly - actually, it's very annoying to see the focus changing all the time.

So I realized that the AutoFocusCallback can tell me whether the image is focused or not after executing the autoFocus(). This is partially good, because I can stop re-focusing once the focus is ok, but I don't know how to detect later if the object has changed and the picture needs re-focusing.

Alternatively, I'd like to focus where I'm pointing at, just like the built-in camera app. Is that hard to do?
11-12-2011 06:55 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: