What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Bitdefender 2012 vs MS Plus - no one messes with my MSPlus!!

Bitdefender 2012 vs MS Plus - no one messes with my MSPlus!!
Author: Message:
D.Eric

55 / Male / Flag
O.P. Dodgy  Bitdefender 2012 vs MS Plus - no one messes with my MSPlus!!
Good morning all,

Evidently I did a search before posting; but what I found fingerprinting were toward Messenger Plus (which is not!!!)

Here is my question (oh, sorry for my broken English.. I am trying hard!)

A few weeks ago I have installed Bitdefender 2012 to replace my previous version of that same software (which was working very well with MSPlus - current online version). Because I had not use MSN Messenger in some time, I did not realized that something happen between those two software (what I suspect is that Bitdefender 2012 is blocking somehow MSPlus).

Before posting this assistance request, I took the liberty to uninstall Bitdefender 2012 and what do I see? MS Plus is now back online working.

Q: Would there be someone else here who encountered the same issue who would be able to post either the link or the solution to fix this this before I reinstall Bitdefender 2012?

Your Help is most welcome!!

Kind regards,

Éric
11-19-2011 01:09 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Bitdefender 2012 vs MS Plus - no one messes with my MSPlus!!
quote:
Originally posted by Alex Stanciu @ forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=15207&view=findpost&p=67028

Please open BitDefender in Expert Mode, choose the Antivirus module and click on the Advanced Settings button. Disable Active Virus Control and look if you are able to login normally. Now, click on the Custom Level button under the Shield tab and uncheck "Scan Yahoo Messenger Traffic " and "Scan Windows Live Messenger traffic" then click on Ok. Look if the same issue occurs.

This may work. If not, try disabling "Real Time Protection" temporarily. If that works, You'll need to submit a bug report with bitdefender (they've had similar issues for quote some time according to the above thread).

If that doesn't work, try enabling "Safe Mode" in Messenger Plus! (As demonstrated here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VV_ULc8JH00)
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
11-19-2011 01:47 PM
D.Eric

55 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Bitdefender 2012 vs MS Plus - no one messes with my MSPlus!!
Excellent Spunky.. I will then do as suggested in your post and I will share the result I get; it might solve the an apparent issue many of us seems to have.

Warmest regards,

É
11-19-2011 06:34 PM
keiththewolf

RE: Bitdefender 2012 vs MS Plus - no one messes with my MSPlus!!
I actually had the same problem, and the MP!L would work after i turned off the Active Virus Control. I actually went to Bitdefender about the problem, and found out that a second security program running on my computer, and was collision of some sort, and effectively blocking MP!L from running. Do you have any other security programs or scanners installed on your computer, as well as Bitdefender? It doesn't necessary have to be another antivirus either.
01-16-2012 03:21 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
D.Eric

55 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Bitdefender 2012 vs MS Plus - no one messes with my MSPlus!!
Since I have installed 'avast', no prob here :)
01-21-2012 06:03 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: