What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Personal message and Display pic problem

Personal message and Display pic problem
Author: Message:
Maxilicious

O.P. Personal message and Display pic problem
I have two problems with my WLM.

1. I can't see the display pictures of others but my own.

2. Even when I change my personal message at the top, a particular message which I input 35 days ago remains there. According to my friend, this is what appears on her screen regarding my personal message.

current new personal message
      the message i input 35 days ago

No matter how many times I change my personal message, the message I input 35 days ago remains below the new one.

However, everything appears to be normal on my side.

---

These are the things I have done in attempt to solve these problems.
I reinstalled the WLM, which didn't help to solve any of the above problem.
I then uninstalled and installed an old version of WLM (2009). The display picture problem is solved but not the personal message problem.

Please help.
Thank you.
11-20-2011 02:33 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Personal message and Display pic problem
Old personal messages (PSMs) returning happened to me a few times too. I always got rid of it eventually, but wouldn't know exactly how.

A few things to try:
  • Do you have any Messenger Plus! scripts running? (Plus! Preferences > Plugins > Plus! Plugins)
  • Do you sign in to Messenger at other places? The old PSM could be returning because Messenger automatically signs in at another place. Apart from Messenger running at a different PC this could also be on the Hotmail or Live.com site, but also 3rd party web services like eBuddy.
  • Shutdown Messenger completely, login to https://profile.live.com/ and change your PSM manually in the 'Share something new' section, wait a couple of minutes before you login to your Messenger again.
    [Image: 20111202-135855.png]

Also, since the PSM is displayed correctly at your own side... The problem may not be anything you can fix at your side. Is it just a single friend who sees your old PSM, or everyone? Your friend might have to re-instal Messenger and/or clear some of Messenger's cache to correct this problem.

This post was edited on 12-02-2011 at 01:05 PM by Menthix.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
12-02-2011 01:01 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: