What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Contact appears online and goes immediately offline

Contact appears online and goes immediately offline
Author: Message:
mrtzo

O.P. Contact appears online and goes immediately offline
Hey everyone... I searched the forum looking an answer to my question but couldnt find one.  I apologise in advance if this was asked again..

The following happens lately with one contact:

I definitely know I am in her contact list since she talks to me first almost every day.  Sometimes though, I see a notification that she has just signed in and I check my contacts list but she is not there.  When i check the ''Last events'' on the Messenger Plus! script, the time she Appeared Online and the time she Appeared Offline are exactly the same. 

For example it might say the following:

10:37:55 AM  Signed In
10:37:55 AM  Signed out

Also the weird thing is that the notification that i see on the bottom right corner of my screen, telling me she has signed in, does not display her username and picture like it normally does, but diplays only her email, and no picture.

Maybe its important to know that i am using the older version of MSN that goes with the windows XP that i have, but she is using the 2011 version of MSN.

I think that it might be because she is using that new msn feature that u can appear offline to certain contacts.  So she is appearing offline to me, but she s online for other people, but i can still see her signing in?

I have no idea why this is happening and i m really curious to find out.  Any ideas???

This post was edited on 08-13-2011 at 02:07 PM by mrtzo.
08-13-2011 09:03 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
asabbagh

RE: Contact appears online and goes immediately offline
I am having the same problem exactly. Adding to that, in some cases, it shows an event of change in the profile picture a few seconds after the signed in and signed out events. It shows something like this:

6:13:21 AM   Signed In (Online)
6:13:21 AM   Signed Out
6:13:29 AM   Display picture changed

This is driving me crazy, what does it indicate ?? contact being appearing offline ?? I chat with this contact almost every day or two.

Any help will be much appreciated.

This post was edited on 12-31-2011 at 05:12 AM by asabbagh.
12-31-2011 05:07 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: