What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Contact appearing offline??

Contact appearing offline??
Author: Message:
amszg

O.P. Contact appearing offline??
Hi, I discovered that sometimes Messenger Plus! Live log shows a contact's display picture change even when this person haven't been online. Does it mean that this person is appearing offline or this is just a Messenger Plus! Live's bug?

Many thanks!
12-19-2011 05:53 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Contact appearing offline??
This is not a bug.

If Messenger Plus! shows that a contact has changed the display picture it means that Messenger Plus! recieved this information from Windows Live Messenger.

And the reason for that could well be a network lag.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-20-2011 07:58 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
amszg

O.P. RE: Contact appearing offline??
I don't understand much about network lags, but when it occurred the contact had been offline the whole day... do you think WL Messenger would send a notification many days after the event occurrence or do it really sends information about a contact even when he/she is appearing offline?
12-22-2011 07:30 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Contact appearing offline??
quote:
Originally posted by amszg
I don't understand much about network lags, but when it occurred the contact had been offline the whole day... do you think WL Messenger would send a notification many days after the event occurrence or do it really sends information about a contact even when he/she is appearing offline?
I have seen it happen that info comes many many hours, even a day later; especially stuff like DPs. Although that should only happen very rarely. If there is a lag it is usually max an hour or something like that.

But it could also be that the contact did sign in, but immediatly signed out again, and that the first event (signing in) wasn't broadcasted properly or lost between other stuff (this seems more common tbh, sometimes Messenger seems to miss events).

Either way, the point is that there are all kinds of explanations other than the "he is appearing offline, thus he wants to avoid me" or "he has blocked me" conclusions like some people directly want to jump to.

;)

This post was edited on 12-23-2011 at 12:45 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-23-2011 12:40 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: